65. INKED

====================

Soulmates that found each other later in their lives have stronger bonds with their mates.

====================

Streaks of lights wave through the bricked walls and the tall tempered glass windows as the mood light refracts and bounces through the ripples of the indoor pool. A slight steam can be seen through its surface as it is heated for the lone person swimming even in the midst of the cold season.

The pool is quite large, a quarter of the Olympic size. The depth is just enough. Not too deep to be afraid of. Not too shallow that only kids can appreciate.

Daun gasps as surfaces. She inhales deeply as she brushes her wet curls away from her forehead. She has been in the place for almost an hour now. First, she was just walking around but with unknown reason, she walks back to her room and returns with the intention to take a dip alone. Somehow, something tells her to indulge herself to a long awaited swim.

She smiles and sighs with the increase of water temperature. The glass windows are now a bit foggy, not just because of the mist of the cold night but because of the steam coming off the waters. She likes it. It seems that she is in a hot bath, though the water is not that hot enough. It's just enough to erase the chills of the air.

She calmly swims about and decides to stop. Her elbows on the wood-like frame as her eyes wonder through the high ceiling. It doesn't fail to amaze her every time she sees the intricate construction.

**********

It was a love at first sight.

She was the last one to come down from the car along with the maknae line. Her stepping out from the car is a slow-motion in awe and surprise.

When they said that they have a secret haven, she had expected a beach front with a lush forest keeping it secluded from the rest of humanity. Of course, her soulmates are idols and they need some privacy. She changed her expectation when the car made a turn, passing through huge houses along the highways towards the mountains. Perhaps it would be an old mountain villa. As time passes, she could see some gated thatched Korean traditional houses. She knew how Namjoon would want a house like that, so she expected the same. Yet she was all wrong when they finally stopped and saw the most beautiful mansion she could ever see. She didn't expect such grandeur.

It was an architectural masterpiece. It is a perfect fusion of modernity, of the west and of the Korean tradition. It was a majestic sight right at the center of the forest.

"Yoongi-hyung really did his best with this." Jungkook proudly says. The maknae then babbled about them wanting to have a place just like what they had in their "In the Soop" setting. However, they wanted it to be the fusion of the seven of them.

It was difficult to convene in a decision on something that the seven of them want to own. One wants to be fully traditional. One wants convenience and entirely modern. One wants to be oriental and organic, purely wood that would perfectly blend to nature. The others want it to be mainly glass works to see the beauty of the view. Yoongi, being an architectural geek, stepped in and was able to express everything they wanted to a renowned architect. After only a year, the product is phenomenally grand.

***********

"I thought you were sleeping." A voice breaks the silence of her musings. She turns around and sees Jimin in a white shirt and a boxer short with a can of beer at hand. He is sliding back the glass door that divides the pool area and the dining area as he is smiling towards her.