6. CUPCAKE

====================

When two soul pieces connects, the soulmates can feel an electric current through their soul bounds.

Theory: There are instances where soulmates can smell and feel each other even they don't touch. Those who experienced these describe the smell as sweet and enticing and the feeling of nerves like being nervous or excited filling their system. According to the latest record, the farthest that the soulmates can smell or feel the other is 10 feet.

====================

"Ahhh.... So that was RM?" Daun says nonchalantly, nodding, while sampling a cup cake.

"What? You mean, the one who almost squished you into pulp?" Hannah gasps, eyes wide in disbelief. She can see her best friend finally connecting on what happened in the museum.

"You're over dramatic." She chuckles.

"What? He's the leader of BTS! Do you know what it means? No... My God Daun! You had lots of bruise because of what happened... you are the ultimate example of bruise me RM... spank me..." She giggles more, then laughed hysterically.

"What? You're crazy..." Though confused she cannot help laughing with her friend.

"No... I mean... I always read that on twitter..."

"You should stop that then... it seems that people there are feral..." She rolls her eyes.

"So... what does it feel to be squished with the almighty RM?" Hannah walks towards her as she put icing on the cup cakes that the two of them had just made. "Are you mad that he didn't even stop to apologize?"

Hannah was in a panic when Daun arrived the venue, limping. Hannah was there supporting her father for his exhibit. She later heard from her father about the chaos in the office as she was exhausted standing so much and waiting for her to come. She even mumbled of her being late which is so unusual, and when she saw her limping with an obvious bruise at her left arm and a reddened cheek, she became furious and demanded for a name to report to the authorities. Hannah thought Daun was mobbed. The latter just simply smiled and changed the topic to stop the pregnant from worrying so much.

Now, Daun is in Hannah's house as the other whined being alone. Her soulmate is in a business meeting abroad. As a loving friend she is, she brought lots of baking goods and decided to bake Hannah her favorite cup cakes as she blubbers non-stop on stories to her. The latter nodded in every story she tells until she recounted what her father told her about the leader of BTS buying one of his most expensive pieces and being mobbed and had to hurriedly go.

"No. I bet he didn't know what happened to me. He was busy running away from those crazy girls..." Daun truthfully says. She had assessed what happened already. She could not imagined how horrifying it is to be so famous until she was on the scene.

Chills ran up Daun's spine remembering what happened. It happened the moment she were about to get inside the museum from the parking lot. She is a bit nervous than usual. She was already a little bit late and can already imagine the furious face of her dear best friend. She was busy taking out her phone to call Hannah of her arrival when she heard screams. She then felt someone smothering her. Everything was so fast. Her heart was in panic. It's beating so fast. Each thump is deafeningly loud. She held on the person for balance and so he fell with her. She was pushed underneath him on the ground. She could smell the fresh smell of the forest and the morning dew on his chest. She froze as she felt tingles and heat from his left leg on her upper thighs. She was wearing her favorite sun dress that time. It hiked up towards her hips, exposing her creamy thighs. Good thing she was wearing a skimpy nude short, or else, he would see her white lacy underwear.

Before she knew it, before she could scream harassment of whatsoever, the person quickly stood up, apologetically bowed and ran towards a van, leaving her speechless. Daun was there on the cement frozen and feeling exposed. Good thing, no one noticed her as the screaming girls ran towards the man.

At first, Daun thought that he was a thief running away from his unsuspecting victims, but the presence of securities leading him told her otherwise. We'll, he's kind of a thief, stealing the hearts and sanity of those crazy girls. As she was red in embarrassment , she decided to stand up, to limp towards the venue and to just forget it.

"So... did you visit your precious Nana?" Hannah suddenly asks.

"I went the morning that happened." Daun immediately answers. Very grateful for the change of topic.

You hear Hannah tsks. "If only you went with me, I should have introduced you to someone already. There were handsome men in the museum earlier that day. You cannot see cute guys in the orphanage." She says.

"You know why I went there. And besides... who told you that you couldn't meet cute guys in the orphanage." Daun nods recalling her visit to Nana who is the head nun of the orphanage. She always see to it to visit her whenever she can. She is so dear to her. She was once a hired help. She always brought you away from the mansion and brought you to the orphanage. Her father never minded anyway. There she became carefree and she felt she belonged. It stopped when Nana decided to be a nun and left you alone in the mansion. Daun could not blame her. It was her calling. Daun then promised to visit whenever she can and tell her all her worries and heart aches. Aside from her therapist, and Hannah, Nana saw her growth. She's the reason why she became bubbly and somehow see the positivity side of the world.

"You mean, aside from nuns and children, there were cute guys there?" Hannah smirks.

Daun's cheeks redden. She can't help recalling the look of the eyes of a particular man holding a camera. She bet, he was capturing her. She doesn't want to assume, but the way his eyes sparkles and darkens as he watches her with the children somehow confirms her assumptions. She didn't know the man, can't even clearly see his face. It was as if, his eyes magnetized her and all the other things were just a blur. She only know that his chuckles were a music to her ears. He confuses you-

"You're blushing!" She giddily exclaims, stopping her musings.

"Shut up." Daun giggles as she put a whole pancake to her gaping mouth. Finding her funny and Daun heartily laughs.

Hannah then laughs, so happy for the ease andhappiness that she sees in Daun. She was hoping that by inviting the latter,she would be preoccupied by her and forget her own woes and self-pity. Sheblames herself too reminding her of her birthday. Relieved, Hannah tells Daunmore stories and laughter ensues.