40. OATH

====================

Suppressing healthy souls can lead to soul aches to the other soulmates. Suppressants are only given with extreme caution to patients suffering from any form of soul tears or aches.

====================

A lone bird has been chirping on the window seal. Its wings flapping as if beckoning him for something. Perhaps it wants him to open the window and let it in. Perhaps it wants to also greet the two people that he is with. It's a sly bird. It's a little naughty thing that has alarmed him with its persistent pecking on the glass window of their room.

Jimin gently shoos it away.

The executive room has been so quiet. No matter how elegant the room is, it is still a hospital room. It always laments on the things that might or could happen. Jimin can't find any solace on the luxury that surrounds him. No matter how the white lace drapes beautifully by the window, or how colorful the flowers are on the vases around, or how artistic the paintings that are hanged by the wall, everything for him are just black and white. It is so gloomy. It is eerily quite except the constant beeping of the machines that are monitoring the two occupants of the huge bed.

It's making him crazy but he can't do anything about it.

He sighs.

It has been days since the greatest fright of his life. It seems like yesterday when he and Taehyung teased their eldest hyung as he was cooking for their lunch. Taehyung was especially naughty as he requested to taste the food, making the eldest smilingly snarked of the younger's impatience. Meanwhile, Jimin was giggling with the scene. The air was bubbling with happiness. He thought that nothing could go wrong.

He had mistaken.

In a blink of an eye, Jimin saw their Jin-hyung collapsed and Taehyung reflexively caught his body on his fall. Their ever strong eldest was limped on Taehyungs's arms. His skin drained color as his life was seemingly sucked out from his body. He can practically see their Jin-hung's peach skin turning pale. Jimin panicked. He screamed for help.

His eyes waters as he looks at the two.

"Beep...beep...beep..."

Jimin is becoming restless. What if they won't wake up anymore? What would they do? What will happen to the future that he always envisions? He and Taehyung were discussing on happy smiles, laughs, them with Daun, them with their little versions of them and much more. He was hoping for a little him too, a bouncing little Chim chim with a bunch of little Bangtans or little Dauns. He was hoping for a beautiful family that they can possibly have with their soulmate. They were so excited with so much possibilities. They were so excited with their future. The future that are so much bleaker in every minute that passes by.

"We never imagined this." He whispers as he sobs.

If he is not sleeping, he is crying. That is why Jimin is alone with them. He is left by their sides instead with the others who are currently having a meeting with their CEO.

They have to.

Their CEO had egged them to decide on what to do, and they have to arrive to a decision fast.

**********

"How is she? What did the doctors say?" Mr. Bang asks.

"The doctors had told us that she had been taking suppressants." Hoseok winced on the information but they do not know the truth yet. It would be unfair to judge. It might be her only way to survive. It might be her only way to cope. It might also be the fault of the psychologist, as what Jungkook said. "We are waiting for the suppressants on her blood to water down and hope for the two of them to wake up." He supplies the information.