EPILOGUE

WARNING: The story is rated mature. This chapter contains explicit sexual scenario. You've been warned. Please proceed with caution.

====================

Before the advancement of technology, Soul ceremony was the only means of validating soul bounds between soulmates, especially those with no physical soulmate signs.

====================

Daun stops her tracks as she looks up pass through the glass sliding door and through the lavish forest leaves to see the purplish skies. It's hue scatters wonderfully as the reds and oranges melt with the sun's tranquil rest over the horizon. They said it brings chaos. It is an indication of a coming storm. Though there was a forecast, she doesn't feel any sense of danger. Not with the fine weather opposed to the expected harsh gusts of wind and snapping forest trees. It's rather peaceful with the birds singing at the background. The skies are rather comforting. It's color only signifies what it means to her seven and to the millions of people who believe on them. The only meaning that only simmers inside her beating heart- trust and everlasting love.

The two words are tingling warmth inside her heart. It tickles her to a silent giggle as she looks back to her reflection against the closed glass sliding doors.

Her hair is meticulously braided and pinned beautifully around her head along with dangling bejeweled flower-like hair pins, creating an illusion of a flower crown on her head. She glows with the white hanbok with embroideries of golden thread signifying the magical wonders on the swirls of soul blood. The glint of tiny crystals on her dress makes her look so much like a fairy princess who is about to be wed with her fairy prince. She couldn't help but chuckle with the description as she looks down to her wriggling naked toes.

Fairy bride? How befitting. She blushes.

Ji-woo said she is a masterpiece. Her soon to be mothers-in-law flooded their complements as she shared a selfie of what she had done. Her cheeks warmed up with their praises, assuring her that she does phenomenally on preparing herself alone. If this is just a normal soul ceremony, she would have someone to help her prepare. Someone could perfectly paint her face, making her prettier for her seven. Their families would surely have a hand in every minute details. However, this is not any simple soul ceremony. She only has herself to rely on to do the sacred ritual as her soulmates have their own as well.

What they are about to do is far from a modern soul ceremony where families could gather and watch. It will not be a simple exchanging of lengthy prewritten vows, reciting of soul bounding passage as their feet are dipped on a man-made circular pool of water under the night sky and wait for the administering soul medium to announce that their souls are eternally bounded into a whole. It will be a traditional way. The only way to validate soul connections before the existence of soul machines. She believes that this will be more sacred which had been seemingly kept only on records and had been slowly forgotten through time.

"Let's do this." The sound of her innocent excited suggestion is still etched in her memory.

**********

The room stilled. She didn't realize how everyone froze, not until she looked up and watched their surprised fluttering eyes. The documents were on their laps, left crumbling on their trembling hands.

"Okay..." Namjoon rolled the word on his tongue, seemingly thinking hard on a proper response. "Don't you know what this entails, Love?" His tone was unsure.

"Aren't you curious if it's true?" She spritely asks. Will the same phenomena happen if they'll just do the same thing? If it would, she wanted to see it with her own eyes. She wants to experience it firsthand.