55. DOUBTS

====================

Men's sex drives are stronger than women and much more straightforward. Both increases a lot with their corresponding soulmate or soulmates. With the influence of soul enhancer, it may increase tenfold.

====================

"You said no." Hannah's voice echoes through the small space. It comes out unbelieving through the speaker of Daun's phone.

"I know." Daun whines.

"At the last moment, you said no..." 

"I froze okay?" She reasons out. 

"My God. If Jin-ssi would know how you are telling me this, he would kill me."

"No! No!... Not you... I can't tell them. I only have you." The last statement came into a tiny whisper.

"Then what did he do?"

"He just smiled then kissed me, telling me it's okay. Then when they thought I was sleeping, they both went out."

"They?" Hannah asks. Her voice is laced in confusion.

"I forgot to mention that Jungkook was there."

"Of course, you have seven soulmates. You could have a gangbang if you want to. You could do that." Daun can hear the smirk on her voice. No matter how dire the situation is, her dear best friend still has the nerve to tease.

"Hannah!" She bites her lips from scolding loudly. She is supposed to be quiet.

"Then what's the matter? They respected you. Why do you sound like someone is dying or what?"

"They left. Didn't you listen to what I said? They left me on the bed." She whines again in hushed tone.

"What do you expect, Daun-ah? You had just gave them blue balls! They have to take care of that, far from you."

"You mean... They are not angry?"

"Is this why you are in the pantry right now, hiding, at this time?" Their is a bit of annoyance on Hannah's voice. 

Daun can't find a fault in that, she almost gave her a heart attack when she called and sobbed through the phone at the middle of the night. The pregnant woman had panicked and thought that something very bad had happened to her. She had to tell her slowly everything that happened. In Daun's defense, she is indeed having an emergency. She doesn't know what to do. She has no face to go back to her room. 

She is so ashamed to herself.

"I am embarrassing." Her hand cups her face.

"I agree." The reply is immediate.

"Hannah!"

"Okay. Then tell me. Why did you freeze up?"

"I don't know..." She in fact knows. She is just so conflicted with her feelings to the point of hating it. "It's just... I felt so fearful. What if... What if..." She sniffs, her breath starts to labor.

"What if?" The voice now is mellow and kind. Hannah coaxes her to confess.

"I don't know..." She sniffs and later she begins to cry. "I don't know."

"Daun-ah... Why are you crying?" Hannah's voice is soothing her.

"I am trying... I swear I am trying." She wails. Confessing between her sobs. "I really want to be the soulmate they expect me to be. I want to be a proper soulmate... But when Jinnie took of his shirt and took something in his drawer." She gasps for air. "I saw the soul sign at his back. Then I realize ... Their soulmate inks are glittering brightly..." She cries a bit louder. "They are so beautiful Hannah. Both of their soul signs are so magical. And then..." She sniffs again, trying hard to inhale properly. "And then... I froze." She groans.