74. ALONE

====================

Human emotions are amplified with soulmates. These may include negative emotions of fear, anger, insecurities, jealousy, as well as self-doubts.

====================

Daun's breath is a puff of smoke as she sighs. She didn't bother to turn on the heater in the indoor pool. It is cold, yet she doesn't mind it.

On her hand is a cup of her favorite cocoa in which the eldest made sure to keep in stock.

She shouldn't be drinking the sugary concoction for she knows it would hinder the sleep to envelope her once again. However, it's the only thing that would warm the chill of her bones from the nightmare she was awaken to. Three of her soulmates were there as she awoke but she couldn't dare to cocoon her shivering self with their heat. She didn't want to alarm them with the fear that was gnawing her alive even with their safety.

She frowns with the vividness of her dream. It was so familiar. It's as if, it was a reoccurring dream that somehow, she had forgotten. Even though minutes had already passed, the cup on her hands is still shaking with the lingering fear in her heart.

She could not remember any monsters in her dream that could invoke such horror. It was only her and no one else.

She was in that same mist again. She could recall some tidbits of it from her previous dream. However, it was devoid of colors, only dark and grey. She felt so alone as she constantly run aimlessly in her dream scape. It was spacious. In fact, it was endless. And as her dream prolonged, she became horrified of being trapped of that space and would never wake up again. She was only able to do so for she found a twin golden door and opened her eyes to the arms of Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook. The heavy sleepers didn't even notice how she had left the room to themselves.

She really doesn't know what triggered that chill inducing nightmare. It had been weeks since her last. She was even accustomed to be awaken with sweat and labored breathing. Yet, unlike before in which she usually awoken confused of what made her afraid, with all the haze and blur of some of the scenes, this time, it has become crystal clear.

Before meeting them, her safety is in the form of blue bottle of pills. It would calm her heart, shutting her brain from unexplainable anxiety, and numbing her back to sleep. However, this time, she no longer has that bottle. She was even strongly advised to not take whatever it contained. She was told that she shouldn't have taken it. She was aware of its danger, but that pills had made her normal. It numbed the pain in her heart that was becoming worse as she aged.

This time, she only has them and her cocoa.

She is absent-mindedly staring on the swirls of her drink when a flash of light catches her attention. Curious, Daun stands and looks over to the location of its source. The camping van.

She smiles. She can perfectly guess who is the person inside. Why else, he is the only person who insist to use the camper even in this cold just because it makes him focused and more productive.

'Maybe he doesn't mind a company.' She muses.

***********

It's so dark. Only the light of the camping van and the distant mansion is illuminating up the place. The rest is a barren white forest with snowflakes descending from the dark cobalt sky.

She knocks once and warmly puff breath on her hands. She feels stupid to be out with no gloves on.

She stiffens when she hears twigs snaps in a quite distance towards the darker part of the forest and a bird or something flaps away.