15. INVITE

====================

Temporary soulmate bond loses its gold glitters if there is a prolonged absence of touch between soulmates. Bruise like spots may appear whenever this happens.

====================

"This is no longer a great idea". The older of the two pouts. His been convincing the other to just go inside the penthouse and forget what they have been planning. His body quivering with the coldness of the hallway.

"Just one more hour." He says as he raises his index finger. "Come on. I bet she'll be coming soon." He persuades.

"What if she's inside all along? Sleeping? And we are here suffering with the cold?" The other continues.

"Just think of this as a sacred mission." He winks with his usual playfulness.

The two best friends has been squatting outside their Yoongi-hyung's penthouse. The moment their Yoongi-hyung and Jungkook excitedly revealed the news of Daun's whereabouts, it gave them extreme relief and happiness. They were a little bit jealous when the youngest bragged of sleeping a night inside her cozy penthouse, while Yoongi was just nodding along, smirking.

They want it too. Not to mention their Namjoon-hyung who has been starved to see her again. His soul ink no longer glitters. It's back to its usual black ink with an additional bruise like circle surrounding it. He worries so much that it might hurt his thigh and may affect their performances. Good thing it doesn't sting like a normal bruise would be. He just needs to replenish it with her touch. He wanted to be with them today, but unfortunately, his work has as the leader has chained him to the company. He has to do first the piled up responsibilities before going after her. He must trust his brothers first on this.

The older wants to counter the other more when they hear the elevator dings. As it opens, a lady walks in hugging a large brown paper bag of groceries. It's so large that it is hard for them to see her face.

They unconsciously coo. She is so adorable with her fit. She is wearing a simple white shirt messily tucked inside her shorts paired with boots. The over-all look is topped with a long yellow coat. She's like a baby chick. The oldest giggles as she passes by them, unable to notice them standing by the sides. She's too pre-occupied with all the things she's carrying.

The younger sneezes loudly, making her jump from her spot. She almost spilled her groceries. She didn't expect someone to be loitering at the hallway. Especially with their floor she's in where there are only three units. One huge one at the center owned by Yoongi, the one at the right which is owned by her and at the left which is assumed to be still empty.

"Hello." She cautiously greets. She wonders who these two masked gentlemen are. She can't quite make out how they look like. The taller one is wearing a beret while the shorter one is wearing a white baseball cap. New neighbors perhaps? She studies them from head to toe. 'They don't seem to be bad guys. They look descent, plus the building is tight in security. No one would dare to do bad things right?' But, with all these thoughts, she can't help but feel nervous.

"Hi! Let us help you." The taller offers, hands already stretched towards her. He seems too eager to lend a hand.

"Ahhhmmm.." She hesitates. She doesn't know these people. They are a bit suspicious for her.

"I'm Jimin." The shorter introduces himself, as he sees her pause. He immediately takes off his hat and mask, showing his gentle smile to her. He forgot that the two of them are still in disguise to hide from fans, a thing that they are so used of. He can understand her. No sane lady would trust strangers directly. Not in front of her home, where anything wrong can happen. "This is Taehyung and were Yoongi-hyung's friends" His eyes crescent as he elbows Taehyung for him to do so. Immediately he gets the message. He takes off his beret and masks. He shyly smiles to Daun.

The moment she sees them taking off their masks and hears their names she relaxes. She remembers Yoongi mentioning his friends the morning before he left. " More like brothers." She heard him say the other day.

"Are you waiting for him?" She inquires. She's a bit at ease but the nervousness still lingers. She can't quite understand herself as if wanting to talk to them and perhaps invite them in her home?

"Y..y..yes, he's coming... I think?" Jimin says, a bit hesitant. After all, they are not really there for their Yoongi-hyung. They know that the person is cooped up inside his studio. They can actually barged in his penthouse if they wanted to. They purposely stayed outside just to see her.

"Okay..." She nods, opens her door with her password. " See you then." Her smile tight, a bit confused of the disappointment she's feeling.

"Now what?..." Taehyung exasperates. His voice is laced with great disappointment as he lean on the the wall. Jimin in the other hand is still looking at her door, forgetting the chill that he was just complaining about, still mesmerized.

Meanwhile, Daun is at the kitchen still confused of what she feels. She has this inkling that she had seen them recently, somewhere. She looks over to the wall and sees one of her painting hanged on the wall. One of the older ones she had decided to keep. It shows rainbow mist with a man's face only clearly showing his eyes. His gaze piercing but gentle, like a warrior looking over to his lover before a war. So determined to fight and finish his mission to be with his love. The painting is basically unfinished, just like any of her old works, perhaps because it's muse is someone on her dreams. One of those men visiting her on her slumber. She can vividly see then in her dream world but forgets as she wakes up, only remembering few parts of them. She was annoyed many times before, wanting to paint them as what they really are, but later on decided to let them be. She can't just keep castigating herself of not remembering her dreams. Dreams are dreams after all. The mystery of her muses make her artworks more interesting and more loved by her patron. It gives depth and more meaning.

Then it occurs to her. The boxy smile and those crescent eyes... They are so much familiar, and she wants to look at them again. The artist in her, itches, wanting to further observe on those features, wanting them as her muses. She is contemplating of inviting the two in her house. 'Would it be okay? Her, a lady alone, inviting two men? Wouldn't she sound so easy?' She opens the door slightly and studies them, her heart beats nervously. 'It wouldn't be different of her inviting Yoongi-ssi and Kook-ssi in her home right?' She further thinks.

"They look cold." She says to no one. Determined, she opens the door wide.

Jimin notices the door slightly ajar. A pair of two eyes peeking at them, hesitation is evident on her brown orbs. He smiles. His confidence slightly spikes up as he sees her finally opening her door and shyly steps out of it. "Do you want to wait for Yoongi-ssi inside?" She bashfully asks.

Taehyung, with his new found energy, jumps and walks towards her. "Sure. Come-on Jimin."