33. CONCERT

====================

The body is the vessel of the soul.

Theory: Whatever happens to the body, happens to the soul.

====================

The changing of colors of the handheld ball of lights as it glows and twinkles with each performance is a spectacle. She remembers that the girls awhile ago had called them Army bombs. They are bursting with life and beats along the music. At the moment, they resemble a calming blue ocean as the melody of the next song starts.

The stage opens up and on the rising platform comes out BTS, her seven friends in suits. She can't help but smile. She feels a strange energy engulfing her ever since the concert began. She feels like her spirit is being lifted up. Her whole body vibrating with the need to squeal to unleash the intense excitement bubbling within her. She wants to scream together with the thousands of fans as the concert starts with the song that seems pumping her up and erasing the dread and great anxiety that she felt before it started.

Earlier in the morning, she had awoken with a lethargic feeling. Her body feels so heavy and tired from too much crying. She felt so unmotivated. Even lifting her hand was a task. She had even thought to ditch the concert and continue wasting the day with sleep. She wanted to go back to her dreamland where the impossible are possible and her fantasies are her realities.

She was about to forget the promise of attending when Ji-woo unnie called and convinced her otherwise. She then decided to battle out the weariness she's been feeling and fulfill her promise. She wants to see them too.

It was nerve wracking. Seeing hordes of people in all ages with different nationalities made her nerves act up. She shook with anxiety and ran towards the comfort room.

She was supposed to be okay with people around just like in the theater, but the crowd was so much different. The excitement was palpable on their faces. Their collective anticipation towards the concert and finally seeing BTS after the lengthy rest of no concerts due to pandemic had created a wave of high energy. The experience was so new... unsettling for her... intimidating her.

She smiles with the memory. Her shaking mellowed down when voices comes through the speakers. It was them, thanking their fans for coming and telling them to not be afraid for the spring had come. Their speeches was soothing her to finally be brave and find her designated seat.

"I am so proud of them!" She hears the old couple at her left. Their eyes sparkles with pride as they look at the stage, as they hold the ARMY bomb on their hands.

She looks around and sees the same pride on everyone's eyes, illuminated with the bright glow of the light sticks. She can hear the synchronous singinging of the audience. Some are even silent, seemingly soaking in the seven beautiful voices. Each are so unique but perfectly harmonizes with the slower melody. She can also hear the endearing ahhs and ohhs and occasional screaming confessions of love from the audience.

She looks at them on the stage. They themselves are glittering. Each of them are so ethereal. Each are so handsome to be real. Their voices are like magic making her float with all the unexplainable feeling of satisfaction. It is as if, their presence is a gift and being there is a great preveledge. They are like gods bestowing their blessings to mortals.

"Am I becoming their fan?" She mumbles with the realization. Her heart squeezes for something more than that. She loudly gasps. The sudden stab of pain surprises her and chokes her into a cough.

"Are you okay?" Ji-woo asks.

Daun awkwardly smiles. She almost forgot her company. She was so focused with the men on stage that she had unintentionally neglects her unnie who was also squealing for the guys. The older woman had arrived late that night, failing to see her episode.

"It's nothing..." Daun closes her eyes and pretends to listen attentively to the performance as the stabbing pain slowly subsides.She takes deeper and longer breaths returning her consciousness to the concert as the crowd erupts into a thunderous applause and screams.

Another song has just started, a very upbeat one, making them jump with enthusiasm. She decides to forget the odd pain a moment ago and tries to genuinely enjoy the show.

**********

"Where are we going?" She panics as she is dragged by Ji-woo out of their seats. The concert had just finished and there are still a lot of people around. "Unnie!" She whines as she attempts to tag her wrists away from the strong grip of the woman.

She doesn't feel like walking and passing through the crowd who are walking out of the venue. She doesn't like the sense of her anxiety threatening to resurface as they are nearing the exit.

Normally she purposely comes late and leaves late whenever she comes to an event expecting a crowd of people. She doesn't like to be with the crowd. She knows her limit.

She's about to beg more when instead towards the exit, Ji-woo walks through the barricade opened up by one of the guards. Her fear subsides when she realizes that they are far away from the crowd and are entering the back stage.

She realizes where they are going. They are about to meet the performers themselves. They are going to see BTS! The beating of her heart seems to have come from the speakers, deafening.

She is so nervous.

Her brows cross with it's idiocy. How come she is so nervous? She had met them many times before. They are friends. How come she is feeling this way?

The door creeps open. Everything suddenly becomes in slow motion. She can see one by one the features of the seven men who are now in their hoodies and simple shirts. The make up are still evident making them more beautiful. The wide screens did not give justice how their skins glow with the light... their eyes more hooded with the eye shadows...their lips fuller with the lip balm. The wide screen are dry comparison to what she is seeing.

"Daun-ah!" Someone excitedly gasps her name, making her blush, realizing how she ogles at them.

She can hear Ji-woo teasing the men how Daun immediately livens the mood of the room and how they first noticed Daun instead of their noona who stepped first inside the room.

She can't help her skin reddening with the intense gazes of the men.

Is she welcomed? She doesn't know if all of them are equally pleased with her presence. The way their sticky gazes roam on her, openly studying her with the obvious smirk on their eyes.

Are they also ogling her, or it is only on her head? It's so hard not to assume with how heavy the room has become.

It seems that Ji-woo unnie had evaporated and only the eight of them remains in the room. She feels so shy to be there. She wants nothing more but for the earth to swallow her whole right now.