99. IMAGERY

WARNING: Please be warned that this story is rated mature. This chapter contains explicit sexual scenario. Please proceed with caution.

====================

It's rare for a person with soul hear to have a control over it. Legends say that the goddess, Fate, herself doesn't even control the power of any of the soul bounds.

====================

The sea breeze gently sways the curls on her head as she lovingly stares on one of her soulmates, peacefully reading a book, just a meter across her. He is sitting on one of the rattan chairs on the outdoor deck overlooking the beach front. The afternoon sun is glowing on his snow-like skin. He is not shy from it even with the blazing summer heat. At least, not when he has his cool long sleeves underneath his white shirt and the huge parasol shading them... or when the sun is hidden away with the clouds above.

It's seldom seeing him like this after all the hectic schedules of producing their songs as well as the other artists. He would sometime isolate himself and sleep all day if he is not making any beats or write lyrics for a new song. Sure, he would join the others with their games and dancing but not like this. He just looks so contented and happy as his lips would curve into a small smile. Sometimes, he would even chuckle, making her wonder if the book is really that interesting.

"What are you thinking?" She voices out. Daun knows too well that he can hear the question inside her brain, yet she still says it aloud.

He only hums and turn the page of his book to another.

She pouts and looks far to the fishing boats at sea. She looks at the birds elegantly diving down to the little helpless crabs crawling about the shores. She looks at the retreating waves to a low tide and back to his peacefulness.

The man can practically hear her every thought. It has been a lot easier communicating with them with him around. Sometimes it becomes a convenience that she finds hard not to have. She would only think of something and he is already there, making it come true.

But why is it sometimes harder to communicate with the man who knows all her secrets and thoughts?

She nibbles on a cracker as she thinks on the particular time three months ago...

**********

It was an early morning and no one was out and about. It was only her, lurking in the kitchen, scavenging for food when she found the fridge empty. Well... It was not actually empty. It just lacked the ingredients of the recipe she wanted to cook for breakfast.

"Okay... I'll go with you to the grocery." She heard him say even before she could notice him by the kitchen's entrance. Her soul nearly vanished. Her voice croaked and she had choked on her saliva. It drained her blood for a second with his sudden presence.

Before she could whine with the jump scare, the man had gone to take his car keys.

When they arrived in a grocery shop, the man easily led their way to the shelves where the ingredients she was thinking of.

"The soy sauce is here." He said as he laced his one hand to hers while the other was pushing the cart. "You really like this." He easily picked the bottle of the particular brand she liked before she could reach out for it.

She just smiled.

It was like that. The grocery went well with her not needing to say anything at all. He would sometimes converse with her but he would no longer wait for her reply.