34. THOUGHTS

====================

Whatever may happen to the soul, it manifests through the body.

====================

Daun is lost in her mind. She could not sleep thinking again and again the whole scenario yesterday. Her meeting with the seven men had been overwhelming. Was it because of their celebrity status? Was it because of her liking their songs? Was it because of the wonderful performance before it?

She doesn't know.

Their gazes were very different yesterday. Their eyes could have melted her if she chose to bravely meet them one by one. It was intense and intimidating. Yet they possessed something that she hopes she had mistaken.

Her head stings as the same image blocks her mind - The seven of them in a couch with the comfortable clothes that they wore. Though their outfits were different but the scenario was just as the same as the one she had on her vivid dream. It was weird. The constant memory of the seven men talking and laughing to each other's jokes makes her whole body aches.

Why?

It was nothing but just a dream.

Perhaps it was just a coincidence to have dreamed on something like that. The dream has been bothering her. It has been a great reminder that perhaps there is more to them. They are beyond BTS that she just newly explored, more than seven ordinary men yet so extraordinary that she had befriended.

Why does her mind seems to sting and her heart seems to bleed whenever she remembers them together as seven? Is it because she too had been yearning for someone to laugh with? To be silly with? To be just who she is without any pretense? Without any happy facade and a smile that could convince her satisfaction in life when in fact she is just an empty and hollow vessel?

Last night, she had observed them.

She had observed them finishing their sentences and laughing even before the joke ended. If she was not the very definition of awkward then she didn't know what she was. She felt a bit out of place. She's trying hard to follow the topic of their conversation but miserably failed. Her responses were like her texts, short and straight to the point. At times, she simply nodded not knowing if she really had to.

**********

He was looking forward for it but it was awkward.

He knew that there was something wrong even before the start of the concert, even on the night before yesterday. His Yoongi-hyung was acting weird after telling him his worries. Worries that would be so silly if he is just being rational about it. That night, his Jin-hyung and Yoongi-hyung had been talking in whispers. He saw the worry in both of their eyes. He swears he had taken glimpse of their eldest red eyes welling with tears. Jin was crying. He is sure of it.

During the concert, his Yoongi-hyung had teased them of the things he heard with Daun's thoughts. He had promised to be honest with them but it felt wrong for him to reveal her dirty thoughts about the seven of them. It seems that their Yoongi-hyung just revealed it to make the surrounding less suffocating. Jin-hyung who were so eerily quite for the entire day had smiled at that. It made him join the conversation. It made everyone energized and pumped up for more performance. His heart too had skipped with delight, but as the youngest, so used to seeing and observing, he couldn't help that there is something amiss. He had dismissed the unlikely idea but now, he cannot help but think over and over about it.

When Daun stood in front of them, everyone's mind had already been muddled with the words that their second eldest had been feeding them. Her presence had made the whole room so hot. His hyungs had been uncomfortable on their seats. The subtle tongue wetting their lips, the movements of their jaws, the hot gazes and the attempt of holding themselves from touching or holding her are so obvious in his eyes. It was comical. He knew how their thoughts had run wild, for he too had thought things that he would do with her. Her cute outfit and disheveled hair from running perhaps form Ji-woo noona's dragging her was not helping at all. She looked like a temptress even with how cute her dress was.

She was so sweet.

He smiles as he remembers her attempts to answer all the questions that they had thrown at her. He could not miss her blushing cheeks which only brightens the more minutes had passed. She was adorable. He wanted to tease her more.

Suddenly the conversation was cut off short when Yoongi-hung had told everyone to go back to the dorm and had proclaimed that Daun was looking tired. Well, he had noticed it, but he could see that there is more to it.

Not a minute when Daun went out, his Yoongi-hyung approached their Jin-hyung and said something in whisper. Namjoon hyung had joined the conversation and nodded in understanding then asked everyone to pack-up. His Hobi-hyung had this understanding that he could quite decipher. His Jimin-hyung and Taehung-hyung had immediately followed the leader's orders. There is definitely something wrong.

It is very unfair to be the youngest sometimes. His hyungs tend to exclude him on things that might make him sad. That is how he was raised by his brothers. He was always sheltered from things that they deemed unnecessary and might demotivate him. He can't blame them. That is how they love him, but he is not the 15-year old Jungkook anymore. He is now 23, very much an adult.

He sighs and turns off the shower and prepares himself for another disguise to go out.

If they are not telling him, then it's time for him to take an action.

"Kook-ah?" His Hobi-hyung calls his attention. A piece of bread on the elder's mouth. "Where are you going?" He asks as he scans their youngest's whole outfit.

Jungkook is wearing a white long sleeved turtle neck with black jeans and a dark timberland boot. His long hair in a bun covered with a white beanie. He looks dashing. His outfit is far from the usual laid back Jungkook. He seems to dress to impress. Hoseok's brows raise in suspicion.

"Tell everyone that I have someone to meet to." He hurriedly says as he winks to his confused hyung. He then takes his dark winter coat and wears it.

'Who would it be?' The elder thought.