41. WITH YOU

====================

Multiples often occurs to closely knitted bonded relationships like siblings and or very close friends. Rarest instances of multiples are those with complete strangers with no any forms of bounds prior to the completeness of the whole soul.

====================

It is dark. It is so dark that her vision is only limited to at most a meter from where she stands. It's like she is on a spot light and on her limited view, she can only make out the grey mist hovering on the ground just by her ankles. It's akin to the smoke effects on those beautiful mysterious stage sets. It's swirling and seems to thickens by the minute.

She looks up. Squinting her eyes, she can see nothing but a total darkness.

She unconsciously steps backwards but immediately freezes. She cannot mistake the liquid that rippled on her step. It's like she is standing on a sea of darkness. It's cold and lifeless.

She should be nervous. She should be afraid. The inability to discern her surroundings should have made her fearful.

Ironically, she feels peaceful. It's as if, she's been here before. It's a safe place. It's a place that she belongs.

She takes a step forward and another... and another. She walks and walks until she comes to a dark wooden door. It's gigantic and overbearing. It is so familiar. It makes her curious to see what's behind it. She is about to open the door when she hears a voice from the other side. Its sadness is evident on every word it utters.

"You lied." She hears the voice says. "You were the one who killed them..." It continues.

She freezes. She knows that voice.

"I should be hating you. I should..." She can't hear the rest as she steps away from the door.

She knows that moment. It's when she was seventeen. It's when she knew the whole truth. The hurtful memory is bleeding her heart once more. It's unbearably painful.

She wants to run but her feet are frozen on the spot.

"You'll understand why. Multiples don't exist. Soulmates are not real." His voice booms, the vibration is rippling the liquid she's standing. It's like reminding her again and again on the poison that had been intoxicating her heart and mind. The very words that had engraved on her entire being. The belief that made him do all the mistakes. The mistakes that haunts him in everyday, eating him whole. The mistake that had made him into a monster. His mistake that had become hers.

Why did she believe on it? Why did she allow those words to be what she is? Was it because all her life she saw what it made him? Was it because all her life she had lived on it and she just couldn't get out of it? After all the abuse, after all the neglect, after all the constant failures, she still believes him.

Why?

She knows it is wrong. Now that she is positively sure, she wants out.

'You lied!' She wants to scream it again. This time, she wants to tell him that he was so wrong.

With determination she opens the door and the light rushes in. Her eyelids heavy with intensity of the brightness. She squints and sees silhouettes hovering over her.

Who? Its not him.

Her orbs wavers with the shadows calling for her. Who are they?

The shadows turn to darkness. The void engulfing her again to the same place, back to the dark void with only the grey mist surrounding her.