Chapter 1 - Best friends and favors

In a high rise building ,housing the offices of the many directors of Lance Inc. ,Alicia had just finished her work and was about to leave for the day when the phone on her desk rang. She frowned and debated whether to answer or not.It was already a couple of hours over work time and nobody could expect her to be in the office so late.She still answered..after all it could be urgent and her boss was still out of country and all so she thought to not risk it.

"Hello.."

"Hi Al..Good thing you are still in the office.Wait for me.I 'll be there in 10 mins."

a husky male answered.It was a voice that one would term as a bedroom voice-low,smooth and s.e.xy.

It was also the voice of her boss and best friend Neil.It was just like him to issue orders and not bother waiting for a reply..."And there went my Friday night relaxation",she grumbled to herself.

After exactly 8 mins her very handsome boss entered and pointed at his office while still talking to someone else on his cell phone.

Has she mentioned that my boss is the senior (and youngest )lawyer at Lance Inc. one of the country's biggest investment firms?As she sat back in his spacious office she thought back to the time when she first came for her interview. Most people wouldn't have any good memories of this room but she did.This is where she found hope,something she desparatelyneeded two years ago and a best friend that she did not know she needed..This office always made her nostalgic..She sat there waiting patiently for him to finish his call and get back to business.

Al jolted back to the present when she heard him personally assure someone that they need not worry and he'd handle everything.

The fact that he was in the office at this hour after a 12 hour long flight and handling personally the matters meant that person must be a V.V.I.P.

As she was musing this,he finished his call pulled her to him for a long hug.She was caught by surprise at this gesture not because she didn't expect it but because it was very rare for him to initiate physical contact.She hugged him back murmured quietly, "What has you so worried?"

How did she guess he was worried?She knew it because only then would he hug her.

He took a deep breath and said "Al..I need a favor.."

"Uh..huh."

"Please marry....my brother."