Chapter 183 - An Eventful Day

The family of three enjoyed their day at thr amusement park.Alicia dragged her hubby and son to all sorts of roller coasters and games.She was so enthusiastic that by the end of the day eventhe most energetic Ru claimed to be tired.They clicked pictures in the photo booth and tried their hands at the shooting games to win prizes.Alicia was incredibly jealous and almost threw a tantrum when Ryu and Ry won a soft toy each at the shooting games while she only fired duds!Finally,both of them presented their loot to Alicia which then made her happy.

By the time they returned to the car,it was already 8 pm in the evening.Ryu did not have to talk to Alicia to let him drive since she had no energy to even walk let alone drive.The mother and son fell asleep almost as soon as they sat in the car.Shaking his head in amusement,Ryu had a peaceful and calming drive home.Once home,Ryu first picked up his son and deposited him in the bed directly.Next was his wife who got a similar treatment.He almost wondered whether he had married or adopted a teenager.Thank the fates,Ah Hai had been a boy.If he had been a girl anywhere like Alicia,Ryu would have likely lost his mind..Lost in his thoughts,Ryu could almost imagine a little girl like Alicia running around and playing.The elusive smile on his face at this moment looked like it had always been there.Ryu first went to Ru's bedroom and using a wwt tissue,cleaned his face,hands and feet and changed his clothes.Throughout the process the little boy continued to snore.Ryu then went to the kitchen to prepare a light congee knowing that ALicia would be waking up soon.Ru had stuffed himself on pizza and was full but Alicia had avoided the food since she had wanted to take the roller coaster.He thought back to the ride she had taken.She had been so excited about the ride and been going up and down on the balls of her feet waiting to get on.When she finally sat on it,she only closed her eyes and screamed not taking in a single turn or dip of the ride.He had finally shut her up with a kiss to distract her lest she burst his ear drums.Once the congee was prepared,Ryu put it in a casserole and went to his study to do some work.He had not given his sweet wife any gift for today and he needed to prepare one.He made a couple of phone calls and set his plan in motion.

But reality has a way of intruding on bliss.The doctors were going to do another MRI scan on him to check the current state of his brain functions. Throughout the day,Ryu's heart had been happy and everytime he felt the ring on his finger,he wished that he was free to be with his wife.His thoughts tuned morbid when he thought of his illness.If the medicine did not worl as the doctors predicted he would have to under go a surgery.Thinking of the side effects,he felt his heart tremble.MAybe if he had not met her again,he would have been alright with losing his eye sight and muscle movement in case the surgery was not a great success.But now,he could only pray that there would be no need for surgery.

After a while,he heard movement coming from the bedroom.A few minutes later,Alicia passed by the study and walked a bit sleepily towards the kitchen.Her stomach was rumbling for her food but her feet were protesting the movement.She wouldhave fallen face down onthe marble floor if Ryu had not come behind her and caught her at the right time.Making her stand upright he looked into her bleary eyes and helped her along to go to the couch.She flopped on the couch as f she was boneless and stared at him with her puppy dog eyes.She had been tired yesterday and today also she had not a moment's rest.No wonder she looked depleted.In order to make sure that she did not sleep without eating as well,Ryu brought the congee and put it on the small coffee table.He then picked up his wife and made her sit in the corner.But instead of staying there and waiting for her hubby to feed her,she climbed into his ŀȧp and buried her nose in his neck.Alicia had a habit of doing this with Ryu.Just then his mind flashed to a hazy memory of her sitting like this and saying ,"you are my home."..His hands fisted at the unexpected memory and a ray of hope was raied in his mind.Maybe just maybe,he would be getting his memories back sooner that expected.