Chapter 65 - Birthday Surprise

Assistant Yang brought the car to a smooth stop and Ryu alighted from the car.Turning around he then held out his hand for Alicia.As they moved in,Neil also got off from his car and joined them.The moment the door opened a loud shout of "Happy Birthday"reverbated through the house. Amongst colorful balloons stood a little boy holding up a banner of 'Happy Birthday Father!!'.All along the walls stood the few employees that were entrusted with Ru's care.They also had been handed various party poppers and there was confetti falling everywhere.Ryu gave a soft smile and opened his mouth to thank everyone when he got another surprise.Coming from the next door carrying a dinosaur cake was none other than his youngest brother Ah Hai!

With a gentle laugh at the funny dinosaur cake,Ryu saw his brother set down the cake and catch him in a bear hug.Though the other three brothers were by no means skinny,Ah Hai was taller and broader than all.His military style hair cut made him look very different from his brothers who all had lush locks.After greeting his brother,Ryu wound a hand around Alicia's waist and pulled her forward.

"Missus,this is my youngest brother Ah Hai.He is currently serving our country but let me tell you,he is a spoilt brat.I don't know how he is adjusting in the military."

"Ah Hai,this is your sister in law Alicia. You have come at the best time.We just got married today.Now we can have a full family celebration."

The smiling face of Ah Hai turned reserved as he turned and greeted his sister in law."Congratulations,dear sister in law.It was nice meeting you.Please take care of me in the future."

Though his mouth said the right words,his eyes seemed to speak differently.She could see the doubt and suspicion in his eyes.Before Alicia could reply,Ru who was tired of being ignored by his father called out in a loud voice,"Father!!"

Laughing at his son's impatience, Ryu laughed and went to his son receive his greetings.

On the other hand Alicia smiled and said"Happy to meet you, Ah Hai. I look forward to getting to know you more."

With a complicated expression Ah Hai said,"Don't be too happy...I am not sure if I like you for my brother.You are too beautiful on the outside to be the same on the inside.If you hurt my brother,beware that I can kill you within a second."

With a small smile, Alicia smiled,"Ah Hai,I am not scared of scrutiny.As long as you are willing to get know me without previous judgements and prejudices,I don't mind you being reserved.But please remember,regardless of anything,I don't appreciate being threatened.So next time please do not use threats because I can do the same."

With her piece said,Alicia joined Ryu as he opened Ru's present.She wanted to see Ryu's reaction when he saw the gift.He opened the box to a luxurious looking tie.It had been tied into a knot so that only the top few plain gold inches were visible.Ru was jumping up and down and asking Ryu if he liked it...but Ryu was disappointed a bit...a tie was an easy gift..wasn't it?No need to put much thought into it..but getting over his disappointment he smiled and said,"Yes it is beautiful.I am going to wear it now for this celebration.Thank you baby."With that he pulled out the tie from it's packaging with the intention of wearing it and quickly got over his disappointment...His tie had green and blue dinosaurs, some were playing ball and some were dancing with hula hoops...His Ru had put too much thought into the gift...And he was going to have to wear this!Thankfully,they were staying home or else his image would have been irreparably damaged...

Still feeling great after seeing the design,Ryu slipped it around his neck and showed it to Ru who happily jumped and jumped into his father's arms.With a contended smile,he said,"Mother,you give your present too now!"