Chapter 31 - The Engagement Gift

Ryu opened the house and entered quietly.He had taken Alicia's keys in the morning to let himself in.After setting the table and putting the precious gifts on the side table,Ryu went upstairs to see Ru and Alicia still sleeping peacefully.Ru was sleeping on his side with both his hands hugging Al's arms as if afraid to let go meanwhile Al was also turned on her side with her hand on Ru's head c.a.r.e.s.sing him even as she slept..He went over to her side and bending down planted a soft kiss on her head.She woke up immediately as if shocked and stared at him.Her soft sleepy eyes suddenly sharpened and as she took in their intimate position she glared at him like a little tigress.Gesturing towards Ru's sleeping form Ryu signalled her to be quiet and pointed a finger towards the stairs.Her glare did not lessen and she silently stomped down the stairs ready to confront him for taking so many liberties with her!!

He followed her and added another new observation about her to himself-the woman looks even prettier with her sleep tousled hair and fire spitting eyes..

Ready to rant at him she opened her mouth amd said,"Look Ryu,I understand that we are to marry soon but please control yourself amd stop behaving like a hooligan.I respect you a lot and.."

"Alright."

"and I don't ...uhh you agreed?"Alicia was flabbergasted at his instant agreement.Didn't he like kissing her?hmpf With such a swift agreement it could only mean that he was only toying with her.Seeing her suspicious expressions at his easy acceptance Ryu was amused.He grabbed her wrist and started pulling her towards the kitchen.Once there,he pushed her onto the chair and went towards his package.Alicia was curious about his odd behavior when he came back to her and swiftly pulling her out of the chair kissed her with passion.Exasperated with his push amd pull and his kisses,her all hands formed a fist amd thumped his shoulders.He caught her fists in both his hands and slowly opened them and slipping something on her finger enrltwined their hands.A thump sounded from above and made Ryu realize that his son had awoken and would come down any minute..He regretfully pulled back from the kiss and went to set the food on the table.

Alicia,who had forgotten everything,again!!,glared at him and accusingly said,"You just agreed about not being a hooligan!!You rascal!!And the next moment you...you..."

Ryu who had just sat down smirked and said,"How is me kissing my fiance being a hooligan?Now I would be a rascal if I did not kiss you!!Don't you agree?After all it is my duty to kiss you!!"

"Shameless..He really is shameless!!Now I know why Neil is always claiming that he is like his brother..Ha..Neil's shamelessness is nowhere compared to this man...."Alicia had been silenced by this man..It was a first for her...Since she had acceoted defeat for this round she went to the table to eat and regroup.She,too had heard the sounds coming from upstairs and knew Ru would be coming down soon.They sat quietly at the table and waited for Ru..Ru came rushing down the stairs and after looking around the living room he entered the kitchen and started frantically looking around searching for something.

Ryu looked at his son's frantic face and asked softly,"Ru-ya,what are you looking for?Come and have lunch.."

Ru being a typical 4 year old had tantrums ready and said in a whiny voice.."I dreamt that Little Alice and you were going to get married..and Alice proposed to me with her father's pocket watch but that watch is not here so..it was a wonderful dream.."

Alicia:"..."

Ryu:"Ru...you dreamt no such thing.."

Ru:"Yes I did!!You were not sleeping with me so you did not see my dream..Alice you saw it right...you said you'd me my mother... "Ru's bottom lip was trembling with fear that he had dreamt such a beautiful dream...he wished he it would turn real but his father was refuting evwn that....

Rwp(nmpzare lmqu lmpn dmz Aiahaf):Rp,I fq lfware ovfo ao jfl rmo f tzufq..fii oval zufiiw vfnnurut..

Ru's ready to cry face broke into smiles at this information but then he glanced over suspiciously at Alice who had just accepted the bowl from Ryu.."You are not lying?Then where is the watch?"

"Ru,you don't need the watchbas proof though it is upstairs with your Mr dragon toy..you can see Alicia's hands..she is wearing your grandmother's ring..."

Alicia who was about to sip her soup reflexively glanced down and was shocked to see that there really was a ring on her left hand...Just what was this guy!!Was he a magician?How had he managed to slide a ring on her finger without even realizing...Sneaky Rascal of a man!!