Chapter 91 - I Love You Too

Ryu looked back at his son who was being deliberately obtuse.Yes!His son was purposely not telling him.The twinkling eyes and the mischievous smile on his face,Ru was exacting his revenge.Hmm...his child was very smart for his own good.He also decided to be stubborn and asked directly in a stern voice,"Ru,what does 'I purple you' mean?

Before Ru could answer his father,a soft sleepy voice said,"I love you."

Shocked to hear a sudden love confession from Alicia,Ryu was at a loss of words.But what had shocked him even more was that he had almost instinctively said,"I love you too."

Seeing,Ryu's blank face,Alicia had a soft blush on her face and she clarified,"I meant that 'purple you' means 'love you'.You must have seen it on the card that Ru brought for me."

Ryu,who was still in a daze thanked the fates that he had not uttered the three words on the tip of his tongue.Alicia wasn't confessing to him.She was clarifying what Ru had written.

Alicia was unaware of the chaos she had created in Ryu's heart.She had no memory of her last night's ramblings otherwise she wouldn't have dared to utter those words.

But Ryu was shaken to the core.He loved her.In his 32 years,he had not encountered 'love'.He had met countless women who were intelligent,smart,beautiful and with many more qualities.But he had gone and fallen in love with his wife.As he thought these words,he realized the twisted way of his thinking.What was wrong with falling in love with the woman he had pledged his life too?Even if there was no logic in him falling for her his heart felt calm when he finally accepted his love.But...did she love him?She said so last night..But wasn't she rambling...Hmm he had to test if she really loved him or was she really rambling last night?After all she did say that she 'purples everyone'.Hmm..he needed to get to the bottom of this matter.Because when he finally confessed his love to her,the only answer he would accept was,"I love you too."

Now the only problem was how to confirm whether she loved him.

He could ask Neil...No that would be too cheesy and his brother would tease him mercilessly.He could ask Assistant Yang...No...that man was even more unromantic than him...Hmm...for the first time in his life Ryu Long needed help and did not know who to ask....

Looking at Ryu,who was spacing out,Alicia stared at him to her heart's content.However the little master who was forgotten,rushed to his mother and touched his small hand to his mother's forehead.

"Mother,your face is all red.Do you have fever?You did not sleep for long..are you feeling uncomfortable?"

Alicia who had been blushing felt her face redden even more when Ru brought attention to her heated and flushed face.She coughed and said,"No baby...I was just feeling a little bit hot."

"Father,please set the air conditioner to a colder temperature",Ru said to his father,his tone commanding as if he was the a.d.u.l.t in the room.

As Ryu set the temperature,Ru climbed the bed near Alicia's head and said,"Mother,keep your head in my l.a.p.I will pat you to sleep and you will feel better.Alicia happily laid her head in his l.a.p and closed her eyes.

Ru was ecstatic when his mother complied with his wishes.He patted her hair and ran his hands on her soft hair to soothe her to sleep.

Ryu saw the beautiful scene of Alicia with her head in his son's l.a.p with him patting her head and Alicia's childlike smile as she closed her eyes and he felt many unfathomable emotions.His heart also gave a wistful pang hoping it was him with her head in his l.a.p.Sitting on the couch,Ryu leaned back and indulged himself in another first- a daydream.He imagined Alicia cute and round with their child and glowing with happiness.He smiled softly and vowed to soon make this dream a reality.

Alicia, who was also on the verge of sleeping again,was also dreaming..of a happy and peaceful future.

But fate had different plans for them,because to move towards the next chapter,the previous chapters needed closure.Soon they would have to face the past and only clearing this test could solidify their relationship and take it to the next level.