Chapter 63 - The Final Hearing

"The court is in session." announced a droll voice when Judge Baek had taken her seat.After the recess,Leona Knight had nothing new to say and Lawyer Zheng had also threatened her.
She was feeling furious.She had asked her sources to check about how and when the case had reopened and only then realized that all this had not been a coincidence.The day she had applied for Ru's custody,was the same day that the drug trafficking case had reopened.She should have known how cunning the man was.Next time she will be a step ahead of him.Let's see how long can he guard these people.And that sl*t who claimed to be Ru's mother and Her Ryu's so called fiance was going to be resting six feet under the ground.Leona knew that Ryu loved her.He was only angry at her because of that bas**** child.If that child had not come into their lives then she would have been happily living with her Ryu.And now because that boy called another woman 'mother' Ryu was going further away from her.Leona and Ryu will always be together.She knew it and she will make it happen.

At the same time,Judge Baek announced,"There has been no further evidence submitted in court.Do either of the parties have anything more to appeal?"

She looked at Lawyer Long and Lawyer Zheng. Both declined respectfully.
"The court has decided that Mr Ryu Long will retain the custody of Master Ru Long.Ms Leona Knight will have a yearly visitation right of 2 days with prior consultation with legal guardians and under the court's supervision.Ms Knight is declared an unfit guardian due to her criminal background.Mr Ryu Long had declared that in case of any mishaps or accidents to him,the custody be retained by his current wife Mrs Alicia Lu.This request has also been approved.Ms Knight,as per the international laws and treaties,you are given a 2 day warning to leave this country voluntarily or you will be deported.The court is adjourned."
After a few minutes when the judge left court,there was an eery silence.Leona Knight was in a state of shock.She had resigned herself to letting that kid live a little longer.But now...she was going to kill them all!How dare Ryu betray her?First that kid and now that s*ut!They were all trying to keep her away from her beloved!
While one woman was in shock,the other woman was sitting in a surprised stupor.The fact that she was legally able to claim Ru as her own was a far fetched dream.But with this turn of events,even if as a step mother,she could legally claim Ru.She knew,he must have applied for her name to be added during the recess. Her husband had given her the most precious gift that she could have dreamed of.She had prepared a simple gift of monogrammed cuff links and lapel pin for him but he had given her something priceless.
The moment Judge Baek was out of the door,she ran to Ryu and cried her eyes out.She had not cried when she had divorced and not when she had painfully re built herself.But now she couldn't stop the tears even if she wanted to.Which she did not.She clung to Ryu's shoulders and hugged him fiercely as she wept tears of relief.Ryu who was known as a cold person hugged her back and let her cry.He had emotionally locked himself so many years ago.This woman was so emotionally expressive that he felt that she was able to feel for both of them.As he consoled her,he too felt a light feeling in his heart as if he himself had cried and vented his feelings.