Chapter 126 - The Rendezvous And The Engagement Party

Alex Xu was a very happy man today.He was set out to be engaged to a good woman.Though he was not in love with her,he believed that he could be happy with her and keep her happy.But that was not the main reason for his happiness.He was happy because last night when he told Alicia that he was getting engaged and he really wanted to explain the past,she had agreed to it and invited him to the hotel she was staying at.Finally he was going to get rid of the guilt and be free.Only then maybe he would be able to forget his first and only love-Alicia.

Reaching at the reception,he announced his name and was told to go to her room.He was a nervous wreck.This was his only chance to explain and beg forgiveness.He did not think even once that their betrayal may have changed Alicia and she may be out for revenge.

Clearing his throat,he straightened his shirt and knocked on the door.The door opened and Alicia opened the door.He forgot to breathe.The last time he had seen her she had been free of make up and pale from an injury...but today she looked like the old Alicia,the one he had fallen for.After the last time he had assured himself that she had changed and was not the same...but this made his heart stutter..

In her sweet voice,she said,"Come in Alex."

At the Engagement Party

The small village hall had been decorated with beautiful flowers.The would be bride and groom stood on the stage at the center.Suddenly a man was escorted inside by a row of bodyguards on each side.His aura was suppressing to all the guests present.All the gossipy village women gathered around wondered who he was and how the Xu's knew him.Old Lady Xu and Qin Qing rushed to greet him.They did not expect that the cold man would actually accept their invitation.They went near him but were apprehended by the guards.Stopping the guards before climbing the stage,Ryu Long approached the couple standing on the stage.

"Congratulations on your engagement Mr Xu Alex and Ms Liu. To give you our blessings and wishes,I have prepared a special gift for you Ms Liu."With a nod towards one of the guards,he gestured them forward.The guard was holding a red velvet box the size of a hand.Inside was a pair of crystal encrusted statue of a couple dancing their way....Ms Liu was a graceful but young girl.She was flabbergasted and stuttered a thank you.Alex,on the other hand was feeling uncomfortable.He couldn't think where he could have seen this man but the face looked very familiar. Qin Qing saw the beautiful gift and immediately she could calculate the dollars...To give such a gift to someone you did not even know,this man was rolling in dollars.She immediately went forward and to ingratiate herself started thanking the man's generosity on behalf her cousin.

He stared at her coldly and said,"Who are you?I have yet to give your cousin a gift."

With another nod,the bodyguards went back outside to bring in the gift.Everybody's eyes opened wide and they could not help but wonder just what was the other gift.

Alex who was feeling uncomfortable even more tried to ask in the lull,"Sir,may I know your name."

Ryu Long looked amused at this and said,"Do not worry.You will know soon enough and won't forget it even if you wanted to."

Alex was sweating by now and his senses were on high alert.

Soon the bodyguards wheeled in a big projector screen and turned to face it towards the guests.

This led to another wave of murmurs and questions."Was the gift so big that it could not be brought here?and a picture had to be shown?Was it a house or a car?everyone knew that the rich always did things on a whim and this man looked the epitome of rich..."

But a few older men had recognized the man.And they dared not name him.They had read about the man's disposition and propensity to destroy people and knew that someone from the Xu or Liu family had definitely offended him.Otherwise,why would a man supposedly on a honeymoon,suddenly appear here,in their small village.

Amidst this gossip,the video started playing and what came on delighted all the gossip mongers and then some!

Or ovu lhzuur,ovu satum lvmjut ovu gfhc md f jmqfr gpo ovu qfr dfhare ovu hfquzf jfl ovu ezmmq om gu.Hu vft f lqfii ruzsmpl lqaiu mr val dfhu frt urouzut ovu zmmq,himlare ovu tmmz guvart vaq.Tvu satum jfl lofqnut jaov tfou frt ao jfl tfout dmz omtfw!