Chapter 95 - Mr X Files

Ryu returned to the present.He looked at the desk in front of him but his mind was still blank.Though he had never shown it,but he too was frustrated with the elusive Mr.X. The man was too cunning.He had been able to evade Ryu too many times. Ryu sighed and opened the bottom drawer in his desk.The drawer was locked with a pass code and finger printing locks.He took out the file and opened it.He studied the photo of Mr X but still was unable to recognize the man.

Five years ago,Lance Inc had upgraded it's employee recognition software.the software included face,voice and features recognition.A new employee was handed the task of entering the data in the software.In his excitement to impress his superiors,he had added photos of ex and old employees also.That is when there was an anomaly shown on the software.Scared that he had somehow ruined the software or that some kind of virus had attacked,he had immediately reported the matter to his superiors.Lance inc. had always hired the best and there was no doubt that the IT department was just as talented.Once confirming that the software was not faulty or affected with virus they had reached a difficult conclusion.To save themselves,they had in turn brought the matter to Assistant Yang's notice.

At first Assistant Yang had not given it mush thought but once he saw the dates,he had been shaken.

The software was not accepting pictures of two employees.Both the employees looked very different.One was fat and stout while another was lean.The color of the eyes,the hairstyle and color and even the resume's were extremely different.But the software was recognizing them as the same person.How could this be.He reconfirmed everything and then brought the matter to the attention of Ryu Long.

"Sir,you cansee the differences.I have shown the pictures of the driver to the colleagues of the assistant and vice versa.But not a single person has been able to identify them.One man was appointed as the driver while the other as an assistant to a director.Their names,resumes and looks are all different.I have even sent the picture to some other independent IT experts and they also claim that the person is the same even if he looks different.But what is even more suspicious is his time of employment and job profile.The driver was working in the company when your parents passed away..and he was said to be on very good terms with your parents' driver.The second time was in recent years as Assistant to Director Shen and then within the next 6 months,Director Shen too passed away.That would be too coincidental...And both times he stayed in the company for another year before resigning.I think this man is our Mr X.But getting a clear photo is still difficult as he has used many tricks.Also no employees have any pictures of him from company gatherings as he was very camera shy."

Back to the present:

Ryu stared at the picture and said to himself,"Just who are you Mr X?Why have you chosen me as your enemy.What is your vendetta?"Once Ryu had realized that this man was out for blood,he had tried to dig up the past and see if his father had deeply offended anyone but he had discovered nothing.So why?

Soon he would have all his answers.

He had been patient all these years...so a little more was not going to matter.But he could almost taste the thrill of the kill and now his patience was at an end.

Ryu put back the file and locked the drawer.This drawer held information which was enough to bring down Lance Inc to it's knees if it reached the wrong hands.He needed to dispose these files before he handed over the office to Assistant Yang.

Once the lock was secured,Ryu hurried to finish his work and go back to his family,specially his wife.

Very soon they would leave for their honeymoon and she would be his fully.But how was he going to seduce her if he was stuck behind his desk all night....

Well,if he had to work overtime then how dare his team rest?Opening his official e-mail,he typed in an official e mail to his team of 20 assistants and secretaries that this week they were not allowed to leave the office until he left the office!

With a satisfied smile,Ryu got back to work enthusiastically.

The next morning:

All members of the CEO's team were bidding goodbye to their families and had their bags packed.They had also included sleeping bags in their luggage.Because their boss was a workaholic and there was no way they would be able to go back home anytime soon.

All members had on glum expressions on their faces...Wasn't the boss newly married?He should be in the honeymoon period...Had he already been relegated to the doghouse by the Lady Booss?