Chapter 35 - Monday Morning Chaos

Lance Inc. Headquarters at 8.00 am

Legal and PR Departments

The office timings for employees at Lance Inc. usually began at 9.00 am.But last evening ,everybody in the legal and PR Department,from top to bottom had received messages to reach the office at 7.30 am sharp in order to preserve their jobs.Everybody was in a panic and had been calling their colleagues to find any news.Something big was about to happen but nobody knew what.The top management had been in a meeting since 6.00 am.With no official ordertls received,few were doing their pending work but the rest were gossiping.Everybody was worried as the news did not seem good.At this time,the screens in the offices lit up.On screen were two people both charismatic and intimidating at the same time.These two people were their bosses Mr. Neil and Ms.Diamond.Though this company encouraged everyone to be casual with each other at this moment nobody could doubt the authority of these two.

Neil,who looked every inch the shark that he was,started his address,

"I am sure everybody is curious about the early morning summons.We just have a few announcements to make and then we can get to work.Firstly,Lance Inc. has decided to pull out of about 10 percent of its investments currently in the market.You have been sent an email with the name of projects.The legal department has been divided into teams to handle notifying the companies and preventing any lawsuits.The teams will be reporting to Assistant Lu from the legal department who will be liaising with the CEO's office."

Ms Diamond who had been quielty standing until then continued,"Pulling out of investments is goimg to create rumors and give our competitors a chance to suppress us.It is our job to prevent any such rumors.From the moment the notices are sent out every person in PR is to be on alert.To diffuse any situations from occuring let menassure you all,this decision has been taken not because of any financial issues but based on the company's moral grounds.You all will have your questions answered in a short while..until then your work has been assigned.Please get to work."

The people at work were curious but being the well trained people they were,everybody quickly got to finish their assigned within the time allotted.The signed contracts were quickly pulled up and being analyzed.The people in PR had been informed about the contract termination of Cat Jones and been told to control the online opinion on the matter.They were to be vigilant on the socual media and curb any slander to the company.Another notice that had shocked everybody was that they had received an email from HR about the vacancy for the post of Director of PR at Lance cosmetics,the person was to be hired internally and there was no conditions for qualifying to apply.All these made them curious about just what had happened to cause such extreme reactions.At 8.45 am,the T.V.screens again lit up but with news channels.Also the social media of Lance cosmetics was being bombarded with all types of mails and comments.The headlines were scintillating and now every question was already answered.

8.59 fq fo ovu surpu md Pzull Cmrduzurhu md Ml Cfo Jmrul.

The venue was abuzz with the news' released 10 mins back.All major news outlets had called back their representatives and now only a few free lance journalists and bloggers were sitting amd that too only because they had been paid to stay there.And indeed it seemed lucky because they were able to capture the downfall of Cat Jones.The police invaded the venue and quickly rounded up Ms Jones and her 2 managers.The world was able to see her shriek like a shrew as she was charged with attempt to blackmail and threatening,slander,s.e.x.u.a.l harassment and other grave charges.

The reporters quickly gathered around the model's agency and Lance Inc. to get some more scoop.There were also some who had the courage to stand outside the police stations.There was news spread in the finance circles also..of a certain arrogant president being arrested for embezzlement,harassment,etc.Snippets of news were released throughout the day to keep the gossip going and keep this news at the top of the headlines.

Two people who had been at the top of their work till Sunday were now embroiled in criminal activities andd blacklisted from working anywhere dragging them to the dregs.And all this was done in less than 12 hours.The new generation was shocked and in awe of this power..but those in the older generation were reminded of the boy who had taken everyone by storm more than a decade ago.Even then at the age of 18 as a green youth,he had wiped his enemies within a few months which is why people had deemed him as a typhoon.This was a warning to all those who planned to go against him ..Beware or no one will be spared.

Thus Monday morning which had started with curiosity and gossip came to an end with chaos and a riches to rags story.