Chapter 49 - Court Hearing (4)

Judge Baek went back to her chambers all the while pondering about the picture.Though she had not given any reaction,the painting was really profound.She went to her desk,took a sip of water and picking up the phone on her desk called Secretary Wen."Dr Wen,Are you done with your assessment?"

"Not really judge.I'll be joining you soon.The discoveries are pretty disturbing.I'll be out in a few minutes."

Judge Baek was aware that she was known to be prejudiced.But the truth was she was a keen observer.From the moment a parent entered her courtroom,they were under observation.She observed them through cameras and the bailiff was instructed to be observant as well.It was just that in most cases,a mother turned out to be a better parent.In today's case the parents' divorce had happened due to mutual consent.However,in many cases there were other reasons as well.At times, the reason could be a.d.u.l.tery,difference of opinions etc.But even if a woman was not a good wife that did not mean she wouldn't be a good mother and vice versa.Today,she had seen Ru enter the courtroom with the woman he called 'mother'.The child today, had been extremely relaxed and was continuously chatting with the woman whose hand he was holding.There was no hint of nervousness or anxiety on him.This also assured the judge,that the child had not been pressurised in any way to choose a child.

Judge Baek had also made a snap judgement about Leona Knight.The woman who had claimed to miss her son and want to meet him,had not once turned to see the kid when he had entered the courtroom.On the other hand,when Secretary Wen had escorted Ru out,his father's eyes had followed him throughout the room upto the exit.These small gestures sometimes were enough to reveal a person's true care and lovel.Still she wanted to confirm everything before making a decision.And now,something had rattled Dr Wen.This case was turning out to be pretty difficult.

Dr Wen came out of the playroom and sat on the chair facing Judge Baek.If,what she had gleaned from the child was indeed true then handing the child to his mother would be not just distarous but also life threatening.She pulled out the recording device in her pocket and placed it on the table.She took a deep breath and said,"Judge,from what I understand,I am inclined to believe that Ru Long may have Eidetic memory or hyperthymesia.In common terms,he may have photographic memory.Or he had been imagining an incident over and over.But because of his young age,whatever he has said could be true or could be a figment of his imagination."

"Whatever the case,in my professional opinion,giving full custody to the mother would have a negative effect on the child.Apart from a few disturbing things,Ru also seems to have formed an irrational attachment towards his step mother to be.The reason for this could also be linked to the other incident.Whatever the case,my advice this time to you would be sole custody to father or court-supervised visitation rights to mother.Also,I think,Ms.Leona Knight mentioned depression in her application...I would suggest a psychological evaluation of both parents but specially of Ms Knight."

"I think you would have a better judgement of these things.With this said,she pressed the play button.

It was time to hear what little master Ru had to say...