Chapter 8 - Trusting a brother?

Ryu Long slowly opened his eyes ,turned his head towards his brother and said only one word "Neil?"

Neil who was aware on his brother's unvoiced question answered genially, "She will say Yes.You need not worry.She may not have said Yes if it was just to help you or me but..for Little Ru..She would lay down her life.I have seen the truth of that in her eyes and I trust her so you can too.

Ryu glared at Neil sharply and asked "And how is she acquainted with Ru and why would she be willing to do anything for my son?"

Neil glanced sheepishly at his brother and answered "Actually she was not aware that Ru is your son.She thinks he is an employees son from her neighboring estate...and uhh she thinks that because it is kind of true."

Ryu Long stared at his brother for a long time while Neil tried to look anywhere to avoid looking at his brother.However he was no match for his brother and finally confessed everything.

"Look, Al moved into the small house on my estate last year as her lease had expired.She knew that house was built for a live in housekeeper but you know I don't like people in my space so I told her I would lease it to her.So we finally reached an agreement and she moved here.On one of the weekends when Ru was visiting he saw her gardening and ambled over to her.Umm they were playing in the garden when I found them and when Alicia questioned me about his home ,Ru sort of pointed towards the small house on your estate.This is why she assumed that Ru was the housekeeper's son..she did not realise that I had picked my people hating habit from you...."

Ryu Long continued to sardonically stare at Neil waiting for him to continue knowing there was more to this story..

"Umm so ever since then whenever Ru came over to my place he would go to her house for a few hours as well...Look Ru is always talking about Al so I thought you knew and since you did not say anything I let them be...."

"But I have never heard Ru mention any Alicia to me??..."

"..."

"But he only ever talks to me about her and even brought her a birthday present last month.. and he told me you helped him buy the present!!"He glared at his brother accusingly.

First he helped his best friend hijacking son to win over his Alicia and then he conveniently forgot about that person..Hmpf!!!

"Last month.....we bought a present for.."..His mouth hung open comically and the fierce looking Ryu Long looked like a fish at that moment as he muttered incredually "You've arranged for me to marry Ru's Little Alice??I thought she was 4 years old!!!!!"

Neil: "..."

Matt,who had been enjoying this show from the other corner: "...."

"Big Brother your trust in second brother amazes me..You don't even know who he has chosen to be your wife....