Chapter 57 - Sleep or Marry?

At 5.00 am the next morning,Alicia woke to incessant knocking at her door.Cursing at whoever was disturbing her when the day had not even broken outside,Alicia opened the door to find Ryu standing there in his pyjamas.The moment she saw him,her sleep disappeared and she tried to close the door in his face.

Ryu,grabbed the door with his quick instincts and pushed himself into the door before she could attempt to close him out again.Angry at her failure to shut him out she moved towards the sofa,picked up a colorful cushion and threw it at him.Catching it easily he put it back and tried to talk to her but she had already turned away.

With a harrumph,Alicia turned towards the bedroom deciding to ignore him.

"Where are you going?"Ryu asked from behind her.

She continued walking and mumbled something that sounded like"sfghhddm"

Ryu couldn't understand a thing she said and followed her so that he could demand an explanation for her anger.

But before he could even repeat himself,Alicia had already slipped into the bed and was snoring lightly.Did she sleepwalk and open the door?Ryu tried calling her out but received no reaction.After contemplating on the next course of action he decided to atleast try and wake her up.He caught her shoulder and shook lightly.No reaction.He tried again.Again no reaction.Frustrated,he called her out a bit roughly and spoke,"Alicia,you need to get ready for our marriage.What is more important?Marriage or Sleep?"

"Of course...Sleep." came the instant reply.

Ryu:"..." "Well,since sleep is important,why don't I get into bed with you?"

Saying as much,Ryu picked up the side of a blanket and prepared to get into bed.He had expected Alicia to wake up and push him out but it seemed she really loved sleep.She continued to sleep.Smiling to himself,Ryu laid on the bed and saw her sleepimg peacefully.With a smile on his face,he put his hand on her t.h.i.g.h and the other under her neck and pulled her to him.Instead of waking up,she purred and rubbed herself on him like a cat and mumbled,"mmm...warm."

By this time,Ryu was also losing focus.He could feel her soft skin under the clothes and her warm breath on his neck.Deciding to make use of this opportunity he again pulled her soft t.h.i.g.hs and cradled them between his hard ones.Joint from hip to c.h.e.s.t the two lay in bed in peace.Ryu was rubbing soothing circles on Alicia's back and watching the break of dawn outside.This quiet moment when it was neither night nor morning felt beautiful to him.He didn't think he had ever felt such peace in the past.

Ryu's constantly wandering hands had roused and aroused Alicia.She still continued to lie in his arms and sighed.

"What?"

"Are you angry or very angry?",Ryu asked.

"I'm disappointed Ryu.There are two of us in this relationship.I accepted your explanation the last time but this time...how can you decide by yourself about marriage?"

"I have no explanation.All I thought of was tying us together as soon as possible.And this time I promise to treat you well."

"hmm."

"So will you marry me in the next few hours?"

"Hmm."

"Were you a cat in your previous life?You are purring and rubbing yourself.And you didn't answer.Is 'hmm' a yes or a no?"

"Of course..no...it's a yes silly..."