Chapter 130 - Goodbye

Soon after Alicia and Ryu left the town hall,the guests too abandoned the Xu's. They couldn't believe that they had been deceived by this family for years. Alex was also disgusted with his mother's and cousin's behavior.The video of his mother had been an eye opener for him as well.Never had he imagined that his brother and mother had been so lowly.He,too had believed that Alicia had signed over the house out of pride.He realized how naive he had been until now.Again and again,they had lied to him and he had trusted them.This was the last time he was fooled.What right did he have to ask for forgiveness?He had not even be aware of his family's past transgressions.He wondered which other lies he had believed!Alicia believed him to be a coward then let him be that!He was going to let his mother and family be.This time he was going to leave them and break this vicious circle of lies.Calling for medical help for his cousin,he went home,packed his bags and identity papers and decided to leave forever.Maybe then he would have peace...

As he was leaving,the young teenager from the supermarket yesterday stopped him.He looked at the bags Alex had packed and asked,"Are you leaving town?"

Wordlessly,Alex nodded.The boy took out a plain white envelope and extended it to him.Alex looked at it but made no move to accept it.The boy then said,"Brother Alex,this envelope -the lady from yesterday sent it.She said that I should give it to you if you plan to leave town."

When Alex realized that Alicia was the one who had sent the envelope he immediately took it and tearing open the envelope read it's contents.

Alex,

At present or in the future,I cannot give you forgiveness for your deeds.But what I can give you is a clean slate.From now on you are a stranger to me.You were a friend once who supported me during difficult times so for that I will let you leave.From here on,as long as you don't stand against me or align yourself with your brother,I will not consider you a part of the Xu family and not extract any revenge.I wish you luck for your future.Goodbye.

Crying silent tears,Alex got into his car and left the village.He had already decided to not pester her after tonight.But this letter was enough to give him the last push and courage to turn over a new leaf.Never again was he going to trust anyone!Not even himself.

At the village intersection,a handsome young man was driving hurriedly towards the town hall. He had been held back and was late for the function.As he turned the bend,a car zoomed past him going on the way towards the village exit.For a moment he imagined it to be his brother's car but then he smiled.How could it be that!His brother was getting engaged at the town hall.

In the town hall:

Mrs Xu was sitting on the ground with her head bowed on her hands and Qin Qing was leaning against the wall cradling her swollen fingers with the other hand.All she could think of was how had the scared cat turned into a lioness?Since the day Alicia had married into the family,she had taken everything that belonged to that woman.Be it clothes,accessories,money or gadgets and that woman had never refused!

Alan Xu entered the hall to this scene and was shocked.He had returned to the village after 2 years and had been expecting a joyful and happy welcome.Seeing his mother and cousin sitting there despairingly he did not know what could have happened.He thought back to the speeding car.Had his brother run away from the engagement!He knew that the fool believed himself to be in love with that cow!

Going to his mother first,he asked,"Mother?What has happened?Where is everyone and where is Alex?"

Seeing her eldest son,Mrs Xu broke down and could only cry while clutching at his c.h.e.s.t.

Qin Qing saw her brother who had always doted on her and explained between sobs everything that had happened.She finished off the explanation and at the end mentioned the threat that Alicia had given before leaving.She explained that Alicia was now married to the biggest and most ruthless man in the country.

Alan Xu let out a curse but before he could say anything,a few paramedics came into the room.Immediately identifying the patient to be Qin Qing they checked her and transported her to the hospital.Alan took his mother home and behaving like a filial son helped his mother into bed.But once he came back,his eyes were flashing coldly.So what if she had married Ryu Long she was still his cast off!It was time to remind her that he had used her and thrown her to the curb!

Cfiiare ovu nmiahu,vu daiut fr fllfpio hmqnifaro fefarlo Aiahaf mr guvfid md val hmplar frt ovur tuhatut om hfii ovu nzull.

Once he reached the hospital,the doctors had finished resetting her Qin Qing's bones and she was being discharged.The police also reached to record the statement of the victim.But what happened next gave Alan a taste of the power that was Ryu Long.The police refused to accept the case without evidence and the hospital claimed not to recognize having ever treated a patient called Qin Qing. All the media persons he contacted called him a fool and threatened to file a complaint against him if he tried to call back..And all his SNS accounts had been blocked under the complaint of abuse.

Tonight, the Xu brothers had the best and the worst experience of their lives.One was humiliated but freed while the other could feel the noose tightening around his neck and his freedom flying away.

Deciding to confront Alicia,Alan Xu made his way towards her home.