Chapter 174 - Lance Inc. Subsidiary

Once the breakfast was over,Neil bid goodbye to his brother and offered to drop Ru to the school on the way..Just as he was leaving,Assistant Yang came inside followed by Assistant Kim.Assistant Kim had no idea of his boss' condition and had been brought here to only ȧssist him in summarizing the files that had been compiled by Alicia in the last month.

Yang had already been to the office and got the files that Alicia had compiled.As he had gone through the files and read the summary and errors that she had marked,Yang understood the gravity of the situation.He also realized the fact that his boss had been right in planting her here as the supervisor.Like Ryu Long,she had detected inconsistencies in the files that would have been overlooked and made sure to mark them for reference.Alicia would be joining them in the afternoon so that is when they decided to go to the office.Throughout the morning the three men worked on the files and marvelled at the work the woman had done in a mere month.Assistant Kim thought back to the time when he had been cursing her for having taken his position but now he accepted that it was well deserved.Originally,Assistant Kim had been designated to head here in the supervisory capacity but that had abruptly changed.When he realized that the place had been given to the boss' new wife he had looked down on her capabilities and inwardly accused the boss of nepotism.Thankfully,he had not said anything about it or he would have had to eat those words today!And when Assistant Yang told him that she had done all this while working part time,he was even more shocked.

Once the afternoon rolled around,Alicia came back and changing into a formal suit immediately made her way into the study room.Knocking briskly on the door,Alicia went inside and greeted the three men with a polite nod of her head.Ryu's heart fluttered when she looked at him carefully.He looked into the depths of her eyes and saw that the hurt in her eyes was gone.Breathing in relief,he opened the file he had saved in his ŀȧptop and brought it up.The file showed the differences in projections of sales and marketing figures by two different researchers.Alicia had seen this report and marked it suspicious.They needed to know the reason for this before they made any decision.Alicia went around the table and read through the summary she had prepared.

Ryu's senses were ȧssaulted with her sweet fragrance and he turned to stare at her face.Looking at the way she was concentrating,he felt a jolt of attraction.He wondered if he too had once been the receiver of such focus.

Unaware of Ryu's thoughts,Al finished reading the summary and detailed the reasons for her suspicions.She brought up pages which she had earmarked.As Alicia continued to do so,Ryu was more worried about her back hurting so he quickly got up from his chair and guided her to sit in his place.Alicia who was busy with the report felt heat rise when she felt Ryu's hand on her waist to guide her into sitting but she continued with her explanation.The other two men who had been unexpectedly fed dog food were in shock though.Yang marvelled at the marked change in his boss' attitude since yesterday and Kim was stupified to see this side of their cold boss.

Soon the situation was cleared.The subsidiary was not incurring losses as they had thought initially.Someone was purposely sabotaging the company's projects.Ryu had taken over this failing company a few years ago to set up a small base for Lance Inc. in Country A.Within a year the company was able to reach the break even point but after that it had seemingly reached a saturation point.Numerous executives and experts had been sent but they were unable to find any faults in the reports.It was only now that everything was cleared.Nobody was able to find a flaw because there was no flaw.The entire reports was fabricated.Someone had been trying to use the subsidiary for money laundering.

Yang and Kim shuddered to think,what would have happened if they had succeeded.The entire Lance Inc. Would have been implicated.Yang gave a surreptitious glance at Ryu Long and was alarmed to see the expression on his face.Yang had once believed that Ryu Long could do no wrong whether it was morally or legally.But the way he had systematically planned Wamg Wei's death,Yang was not too sure anymore.

Alicia looked up from her explanation and also noticed the black cloud over his head.Sighing she continued,"As you can see Sir that the person is pretty smart.The only reason I have not met the same fate as my predecessor is because the culprit does not think I am onto him.Since I have made all the remarks in the outdated short hand language,they are being laid back.But we need to inform the police.The previous manager's death may not have been an accident."

Ryu looked at his wife staring up at him and his black mood lightened.He had indeed made a wise choice in the past."Alright,we will begin with the Police proceedings carefully so that nothing is leaked.Yang,since you are going on an extended holiday from next week ,ask Neil to make the arrangements over at the Head Quarters.And tell Matt to resume his position.He has been on the back burner long enough.We need him this time.Kim,you will manage the co operation with the Police and keep me updated.Lu,you will continue to act in the same capacity feigning ignorance and comply a list of the employees you think are suspicious.Let's move to the office now."