Chapter. 1 A New Beginning

My dark brown eyes sparkles in excitement as I walk inside the empty two story modern home with that's located in a nice and quiet middle class neighborhood. I carry my two packed luggages with me. This will be my new home. I can hear my parents approaching footsteps as they follow behind me, halting once they have enter and we all look around. This is our first time seeing the inside of the house in person.

My parents decided they wanted to move from the U.S. to Japan due to both of their occupations. My Mom works as an English teacher and my Dad is an entrepreneur. He currently owns his second resturant business in Tokyo and wanted to operate it since his other business in the U.S. is doing well. My Mom was able to easily get a job at a school called Sarayashiki Jr. High due to her credentials and them needing a English teacher. I'm excited about this new place and environment because this gives me the chance to try out all the different japanese cuisines and snacks and I can even go visit some famous historical tourist sights whenever I get the chance.

"Isn't this nice?" Mom happily asks me as she looks around the semi empty living room. The delivery truck has yet to arrive with our furniture but it's around 9 in the morning and they won't be here until 9:30 to move everything in.

"Yeah, it's cozy" I reply just as blithe as I place the heavy luggages down and take off my pink converse shoes, and leave them on the cream color genkan, front pointing toward the door. My Mom follow suit and we are in our socks, well besides my dad who plans on retrieving the rest of our luggages from the car to bring inside. Due to some research I know that the culture here is very different from the U.S. like here in Japan you're not suppose to be walking around the house in your outside shoes. Thankfully together me and my Mom was able to buy plenty of slippers before moving here so that we all can wear them around the house, as well as have for guests just incase we do have people who want to come over. We just have to unpack them when the packages arrives. I happily grin in childlike excitement, bouncing in my place like a kid in a candy store. The living room is a decent size and the floor is made of wood, the ceiling is white and walls are white. A set of white stairs lead upstairs and to our rooms.  I notice a pair a shoji sliding doors and have a strong feeling that it leads to the kitchen. Dad brown eyes averts to look at me and he laugh, noticing my excitement.

"Well what are you waiting for?, go pick out your room" He laughs as he gestures with his hands towards the stairs. Without hesitation I pick up my two luggage and proceed to run up the stairs to investigate, tripping along the way due to hoe heavy they are.

"Careful child, I don't want you hurting yourself now!" Mom calls as she shakes her head with a smile, her purple afro that's similar to my own, except hers is darker in color, bounces around her.

I sheepishly look at her "I won't!"

I slow down once I make it to the top of the stairs case. Walking down the hallway, I see that there are approximately four white doors, two on either sides . I would place one luggage down and open each door and peek inside, blinking innocently each time. So far two are bedrooms and ones a bathroom. When I make it to the very last door to the left I open it and walk inside to an empty room with white walls and dark blue carpet floor. My dark brown eyes shift from one corner of the room and to the other as I inspect the medium size bedroom. A large single window is on the left wall in the room, sunlight pours inside through the window glass, filling the room with light. I stand there as I admire the room, silently claiming this room as my own and thinking about all the ways I can potentially decorate it. With my mind made up, I place the two out of five items containing all of my things by the door to unpack later. I'm about to walk out the room to go and retrrive more of my items until something catches my wandering gaze from outside my window.

Red hair. It stands out.

My next door neighbor window blind is drawn up giving me a clear view of him. All I see is long red hair cascading down his back. He doesn't have a shirt on and I can't help but admire his tan, lean yet tone physique. His back is turn to me so he can't see me admiring his form.