Chapter. 10 You Should Smile More

When we make it in front of his open door we walked inside and I look around the neat and clean room. The walls are a burnt sienna color and his carpet floor are a contrasting lime green. On the right side of his room is his bed by his window, which has green curtains. Standing to the left of it and on the wall is a large picture with pink geometric shapes on it, on the ground by the desk is a mini trash bin, a desk and on the desk is a stack of books, a computer and a picture of him and his mother. On the other side of his room is a closet.

Everything looks neat and organized. This represented him well.

I take a seat on the chair and he leans against the wall by the desk with his arms cross. A comfortable silence follows, enjoying eachother presence. A few weeks ago I wouldn't be able to believe that because when we first met we started off so rocky. If someone is to look at us now they will probably assume we've been friends for years.

"Nice room, it represents you well. Neat and organized" I comment, breaking the silence. Opening his eyes, his emerald green orbs look at me.

"Thank you" He nods. I look back at the picture on the desk. His eyes are close and he has a serene smile on his face. He looks so happy.

"This picture of you and your mother looks nice, you look happy" I mumble in awe at it."when was it taken?"

"About a month ago at Shimizu park, mother wanted a picture and luckily there was a photographer there who took our picture" He explains. I nod my head.

"You should smile more often, it suits you" I say without thinking. I don't take notice of the look of shock he gives me and once I realize what I said I begin panicking.

"I-I mean you know c-cause a smile suit a lot of people hehe" I nervously laugh. Yeah Winter, nice save. He gives me a look of amusement.

"D-don't look at me like that" I stammer.

"Whatever are you talking about Winter?" He say as he leans in, his gaze becomes even more intense. He knows exactly what he's doing.

"Shuichi!"
___________

It's been about a few days since I started making lunch for Shuichi and I. I enjoy cooking for not just myself but also others. It's one thing to cook for yourself but it's another to be able to cook for others and have then try your food.

I wake up to the sound of the alarm clock and push the snooze button with a groan. Getting up, I walk out my room and downstairs. When I'm in the kitchen I start to grab the ingredients that I need to make enough food for both me and Shuichi and put it inside my bento box and thankfully my bento box is pretty big. I make a very traditional American breakfast for my parents which consists of scrabble eggs, bacon, and pancakes.

Mom walks into the kitchen an hour later dress and ready to take me to school and head off to work. She looks at the bento box and notice the extra food inside. She raise a brow.

"Why have you been making so much food these past few weeks?" She asks in curiosity as she makes herself a plate of the food I made. I made it so that both my parents can eat before they go to work. Dad doesn't have to go to work until another hour. She sits down at the island table and begins to eat.

"I'm making enough for myself and...Shuichi" I mumble. I can hear her fork hit the plate. I don't turn around, I already know how excited she is.

"What!, for you and Shuichi huh. Look at my baby growing up, she's already cooking for her man"

"Mom please, we're just friends" I groan and quickly finish packing up and placing the bento in my lunchbox. I grab two bottle of apple juice from the refrigerator and place them in my lunch box as well. I adjust my school bag and sit on a chair by the island table.

"I'm sorry. I mean future man" She tease with a wink.

I sigh just as the sound of the doorbell rings throughout the house. Mom grabs me by the shoulders, a serious look is on her face and I grow nervous.

"Make sure he's well fed, a way to a man's heart is through his stomach. That's how I got your father" She winks. I shake my head and leave her grasps.

"Mom you're something else" I chuckle.

"But you and your father don't want me any other way" She says in a singing tone of voice.

"You're right about that" I smile in reply and scurry to the door after hearing the sound of the bell ring again. Mom is something else but she's right, I don't want her any other way. She's perfect just the way she is. I open the door to face Shuichi, who greets me with a gentle smile.

"Good morning Winter, are you ready to go?" He asks.

"Morning Shuichi, and yeah I'm ready" I chirp.

"Bye Mom!" I say.

"Bye sweetheart, have a great day at school!" She shouts back and I shut the door behind me. We begin to walk down our usual route to school talking about random things along the way.

Once we make it to Meiou we head to our first hour class together. As we walk into our class I see that class hasn't start yet and students are still walking in and filling up the empty seats. We take our seat next to one another and I turn to look at him, remembering the lunch I prepared for us.

"Hey Shuichi" I say, effectively gaining his attention.

"Yes?" He questions as he halts from taking out his textbook.

"I hope you like onigirazu?"

"I do and can't wait to try it, I'm sure it'll taste great since you're the one who made it"

I can't help but feel a boast of confidence from his compliment. I take pride in my cooking and the fact he likes it makes me very happy.

"I also made deser-"

"Minamino-san" A feminine voice interrupts, cutting me off. I look to see three familiar looking girls in the red uniform approaching us. The one on the left has long black hair and brown eyes, the girl in the middle has long brown hair and hazel eyes and the girl to the right has short black hair and brown eyes. The two girls with the black hair looked like they are identical twins. These are the same girls that glares at me everytime I enter the classroom with Shuichi by my side. They also talk about me in fifth hour gym class since I share that class with them. Despite having this hour as well as fifth hour with them for the last few months I have yet to learn their names.

"Do you think you can help us with our assignment today during lunch?" The girl in the middle asks. She is the one who interrupted me.

"I'm sorry but I'll be very busy around that time" He politely declines with a tolerant smile.

"You're like the smartest student here" The girl to the left praises as her brown eyes gazes at him in admiration.

"Yeah, we know that with your help we'll be able to pass" The girl to the right tries to persuade. I can see that they are all lying by their aura, the feeling they emit feels artificial.

"I'm sorry but I can't. As I said before I will be busy" He answers, seemingly done with the conversation. They sigh in defeat and walk back to their seats. Their aura's radiates the feeling of defeat.

"Well aren't you just a heartbreaker" I tease. He gives me a look with a raise red brow. I chuckle into my hand and lean closer toward him, still being mindful of our space and whisper.

"I can tell that they're all lying" I proclaim, giving him a wink and he smiles with a knowing gleam in his eyes.

"Be assured, I am well aware"