Chapter. 11 Highschool Drama

A/n: pics of the twins, Sato Asami (short hair) and Sato Akari (long hair)

___

Lunch time rolls around on Monday and I gather my things once the third hour bell rings. I walk out the door of my third hour class and I see the familiar sight of Shuichi waiting for me by my classroom door.

"Ready?" He asks as he leans off the door.

"Yep, ready as I'll ever be" I reply and we both head toward a familiar set of stairs that lead to our place on the roof. I don't take notice of the three girls from earlier watching us as we walk off together, Shuichi beside me do and decides to silently keep an eye out. We sit down and I take out my lunchbox. I take out the bento box and place it between us. I then handed him a pair of chopsticks which he takes.

"Today I have for you is Onigirazu, steamed rice, strawberries and raspberries, steamed broccoli along with your favorite tempura as well as a side of desert, chocolate cake" I announce as I remove the lid.

"How do you know it's my favorite?" Shuichi asks in surprise, eyes wide in both shock and curiosity. I wink at him.

"Because your aura feels lighter everytime I make it" I smile in triumph and hand him a grape juice. We both then proceed to eat and make conversation like usual.
_______

Kurama remembers the first week Winter started to make his lunch. His mother notice that he wasn't going to school with one and grew concerned and so one day during a school morning when she notice he didn't pack himself anything to eat once again she asked him in concern.

"Shuichi, you haven't been taking your lunch with you to school as of late. I'm getting worried, are you eating?"

"Don't worry mother I'm eating well actually. Winter been making me plenty of food to eat for lunch" He reassures with a smile.

Shiori smile as her eyes lights up. It all make sense now.

"Alright"

He softly looks at the girl before him as she continues to ramble. He will admit that the past few months have been very interesting indeed. She makes it interesting and different.

In a good kind of way. He likes this new routine in his life. Before he would never imagine something like this would ever happen.

But he's glad that it did.
________

School ends and Shuichi has to stay after. I bid him a farewell and walk to the gate and wait for Mom to pick me up like always.

'Today has been a relatively good day, but how long will it stay like that?. I can feel the tension building in the three girls, it's only a matter of time before they strike. The real question is will I be prepared for it?'

Mom ends up picking me up a few minutes later and taking me home.

I walk up the stairs and do my homework, and study for an upcoming test in Japanese Literature. I've been studying for the past two weeks in advance and feel like I have a basic understanding of the subject. After eating dinner I take a shower, moisturize and detangled my thick afro hair. I put my hair into a high bun and wrap it up. I turn off the lights to my room and lay in bed staring into the darkness. I close my eyes and drift off into a dreamless sleep.

________

Then next day Shuichi and I enter our Japanese Literature class together. Haru notice us and smiles while waving.

"Hey Davis-san, Minamino-san" He greets us. We wave back at him.

"Hey Kobayashi-san" I reply with a smile and Shuichi replies with his own greeting.

"I'll see you at the end of class Shuichi" I turn to him with a smile and he nods with a small smile of his own.

"See you then, Winter" He replies and walks to his seat near the back. Haru raise his eyebrows in surprise.

"Seems like you and Prince charming are getting close, already on a first name basis huh?" He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively. Shaking my head, I roll my eyes at him.

"Like I've told you plenty of time before, we're just friends" I shrug.

"Wait so does that mean we're not friends since we still call eachother by our last names" He pouts.

I sigh "If I call you Haru, will you stop teasing me about Shuichi?"

"Yes" He vigorously nods his head with a big grin on his face.

"Alright then Haru" I smile.

"Finally!" He shouts causing the eyes of everyone currently in the classroom to look at him with sweat drops at his sudden outburst. He chuckles nervously in embarressment.

"So-sorry" He meekly stammers, gaining a chuckle from me, which earns me a glare from him in reply.

After class Shuichi walks me to my next class which so happen to be gym. I thank him and he bid me a goodbye before heading to his next class. I walk inside the gymnasium and into the locker room. I change into my gym clothes along with the other girls and once I finish changing I put my thick purple hair into a high puffy ponytail.

Walking out I feel someone shove me from behind. Stumbling, I look and see one of the three girls from my first hour class, the ones who wanted Shuichi to help them with their homework but he declined them. Beside her are the twins. If I'm not mistaken the twins name are Sato Asami and Sato Akari and the one that's seems to be the ring leader of the posse is Suzuki Yuki. This is their first time approaching me in gym class, usually they would just glare at me from a distance and whisper amongst eachother while pointing and laughing at me. I would just ignored them since I'm use to being bullied and made fun of. They all glare daggers at me and I can't help but flinch at their auras. It feels so full of hatred.

"Watch where you're going foreigner" Yuki hisses. I glare at her.

"I didn't even bump into you " I reply. "And it's not nice to go around being mean to people"

"We notice that you've been hanging around Minamino-san these past few weeks, you two seem to be getting close" The short haired twin, Asami spatts out like venom.

"Too close" Akari agrees with her twin, malice laces her tone as she glares at me.

"I mean he is a friend of mine" I retort. Yuki walks up to me until her face is close to my own. Her hazel eyes narrow even more.

"I suggest you learn your place and to remember that you don't belong here and if you value a peace of mind I suggest you stay away from Minamino-san or else you will regret it" Yuki threatens before turning around and walking away with her head held high, her brown locks sway with her movement as the twins follow behind her. I sigh in aggitation.

Just when the day is going so well too.

________

After gym Shuichi stand near the gym door. I force a smile on my face and walk over to him, I can feel the glares of the three girls burning holes into my back nearby.

"What are we waiting for let's go" I nervously laugh. He looks at me, noticing something seems off.

"What's wrong?" He asks in worry. I wave off his worry.

"Oh nothing, just tired, we had to run laps today, let's head to our next class" I say about to walk ahead of him until I feel his hand gently grab my wrist. I look back at him in shock. His green eyes are stern as he looks into my own.

"I can tell when you're lying Winter, what's really going on?"

"...Can we not talk about it please" I whisper, looking away from him. He stares at me for a moment, green eyes analyzing until he release my wrist from his grip. A part of me wishes he didn't, his hand feels nice.

"Alright, but I'm here if you need someone to talk to" He offers. I feel my heart skip a beat and give him a small genuine smile in return.

"Okay"