Chapter. 12 Highschool Downside

A/n: Pic of Yuki

___

A week and a half have gone by after the incident took place. June is fast approaching in just a few days.

I pretty much immediatley chose not to listen to what they had to say and still continue to hang out with Shuichi. I truly enjoy his company. The girls haven't tried anything yet and I haven't brought up the incident with Shuichi because I don't want him to worry about me. I try my best to simply ignore them in my classes and pretend that they are not there. I always did that with my bullies back home, though it never did work out the way I hope it would.

I wonder how long they are willing to wait until they try something.

For now I'll just remain positive and see things on the bright side. I don't want to go back to being the person I was before. I don't want to go back to that dark and depressing place.

In the morning while walking to school with Shuichi I walk with a skip in my step as I begin to happily hum to myself. He took notice of my upbeat mood.

"You seem to be in high spirits today" He comments.

"I studied last night for my Japanese literature test and actually understand more then I did last week. I'm confident that I'll ace the test this Friday" I confidently smile.

"I'm sure you'll pass without a doubt" He reassures.

"Wish me luck, I'll be needing it"

"Well then I wish you the best of luck on your test this upcoming Friday"

"Thanks" I smile. He stares at me, seeming lost in thought. I give him a confused look.

"Hey Shuichi are you okay?" I ask in worry.

"Yes I am fine. I'm just wondering if perhaps we can study together at my house this afternoon?"

I look at him in surprise. I didn't expect him to ask that but Shuichi is a very complex person. He will never cease to surprise me.

"Sure, that's fine. I'll just have to call my Mom on the school phone during lunchtime to tell her"

"I'll walk you home from school, if that's alright with you?"

"Yeah that's fine" I grin with another skip in my step.

He hum in reply and we continue our walk to school.
_______

Kurama has been noticing Winter rather upset mood for about the last two weeks. He knows something must have happen while she was in her gym class that day. Though she may seem like she's okay now he knows that something is deeply bothering her.

He'll have to keep a watchful eye out.
________

Once we enter first hour I freeze in my place from seeing the looks the three girls give me. I look away from them and Shuichi must have seen it because I feel his body move closer to mine in comfort. I look up at him with a small smile and we head to our seats. I can feel their auras seething as they watch the display before them.

During lunch time I make a quick phone call to Mom about Shuichi walking me home from school. I have to move the phone away from my ear as she squeals in happiness. It's so loud that everyone nearby can hear it. Fellow classmates look at me with sweat drops as Mom continue to squeal in delight. I nervously laugh and bring the phone back to my ear.

"Mom everyone around me can hear you" I utter with a sigh.

"I don't care, this is a celebratory occasion, you're one step closer to marriage"

"Mom, do you have a class to run at the moment?" I ask.

"You're not the only one that's currently on lunch break" She sing-songs.

"Well I can't be on the phone long, Shuichi is waiting for me down the hall"

I once again proceed to move the phone away from my ear just as Mom lets out another ear piercing squeal, meanwhile I'm starting to regret telling her that. I slowly bring it back to my ear once the sound of her squealing dies down.

"Alright sweetheart take care and have a great day, I love you"

"Love you too Mom, bye" I reply

"Bye, make sure your boyfriend is well fed"

She hangs up and I shake my head. Again I wonder who truly is the adult in our small family. I hang up the phone and walk down the hall, meeting up with Shuichi, who's leaning against the wall with his hands in his pocket. I beam a smile at him.

"She's fine with it" I announce as we walked toward the familiar stairwell.

"I'm glad" He smiles.
________

After Japanese Literature ended Shuichi walks me to gym. I begin to grow nervous and he glances at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Well here's my stop" I say as we stop in front of the double doors that lead into the gymnasium." I'll see you after class Shuichi"

I turn away from him and just before I can take a step I feel a hand grasp my own. My heart once again skip a beat at the feeling of his hand in my own. I turn to look at Shuichi in confusion.

"I'll be right here the moment you leave gym" He reminds. I feel light, like his presence alone comforts me. He's one of the few people in my life who seem to generally care about my well being. It feels nice. I give him a close eye smile, keeping myself from crying in front of him.

"I know" I say and he stares at me with an unknown look in his eyes. I wonder what he's thinking as he slowly releases my hand from his own a moment later.

"And thank you Shuichi for being here for me, we might have started off rocky but I can say for certain that you have to be one of the nicest people I know" I say honestly. His green eyes softens into a gentle look as he gazes at me.

"No, thank you Winter" He replies. My expression turns confuse.

"For what?"

"For simply existing"
________

I walk into gym class in a daze thinking over Shuichi words. I place a hand on my chest with a smile. I've never had someone tell me that before. I can feel my heart rapidly beating. I feel like I'm on cloud nine, he makes me feel special in a way that no one has made me feel before.

The feeling however is ruin once I feel someone push me from behind and into the locker room. I fell onto the floor from the force and hiss in pain from the impact. All the girls inside stop what they are doing and look in my direction. Getting on my hands and knees, I look behind me and see the culprits. Yuki and the twins are glaring down at me. Yuki, who arms are by her side hands turns into tight fists, her whole face is red in anger as her purple aura viciously flares around her.

"What did I tell you, whore!?" Yuki spats. I flinch at her tone and twist my body until I am fully facing them."You think I didn't see that intimate moment you and Minamino-san shared by the door!?, the whole class could see it from the other side of the glass window!"

I slowly begin to get up from the floor but the feeling of a sudden kick to my side cause me to fall once again and hold my side in pain. I know it's going to leave a bad bruise.

"Who said you should get up?" Asami hisses out as she brings her leg back for another kick. No one move to help as I feel another kick to my side. I dare not to scream and show them that they're hurting me. I don't want to give them that satisfaction but it hurt so much. Yuki looks down at me in disgust.

"This is your last warning foreigner, stay away from him and you'll be fine"

To add insult to injury she spats at me and laughs along with Akari and Asami as they walk to their locker. I slowly get up and head to the bathroom to wash it off my face.

'Whatever you do Winter, Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry'