Chapter. 18 The Realization

When we walk inside the nurse's office Shuichi help me onto the bed. The nurse looks at us and notice my bruise face. She gasps in shock as she places a hand close to her mouth.

"Oh my, what happened to her?" She asks, aghast as she examines me. I open my mouth, about to explain but Shuichi speaks up for me.

"There was an altercation by the stairwell. A group of classmates decided to hurt her for a very idiotic and unjustifiable reason" He replies, still bothered by what just happen. The nurse shakes her head in disappointment.

"I hope they got in trouble" She says.

"They did, Mr. Yoshida sent them to the principle's office. I'm sure a few of them will be entering here in a little bit due to the injuries they've sustained no doubt"

"I'll take care of her from here, you can head back to lunch" She smiles.

"If it's okay, I rather stay here with her to make sure she's alright" He counters.

_______

The nurse smiles at the teens, noticing how attached the boy before her is to the girl. He hasn't move, not even an inch from her side. She know he defiantly isn't going anywhere.

'Ah, the beginning of young love' She thinks to herself.

"That's fine, I'll get the first aid kit"

________

"Are you feeling pain anywhere else?" She asks me as she finish wiping away the blood that falls from my bloody and bruise nose. I wince in pain.

"Yeah my abdomen and back hurts a lot. I was kicked there" I wince. The nurse turns to look at Shuichi.

"Shuichi I'm going to need you to leave the room for a moment. while I check on her abdomen and back. I'll let you know when you can come back inside" She says.

"Of course" He replies and looks at me one last time before he walks out the room, shutting the door behind him and leaves me alone with the nurse. She turns to look at me once the door is fully shut.

"All I just need you to do is lift up your shirt slightly and show me where it hurts" She gently orders.

I lift up my shirt just stopping where my bra begins and show her the results. Her expression turns concern and this causes me to look down. I flinch from seeing the huge purple bruise that resided there. I turn my head around and glance at my back only to see the it's the same as the front. No wonder why it hurts like hell because it looks like it. At least the bruise on my side is healing okay, but unfortunately it has to be accompany by more bruises.

"The bruises you got there, whoever kicked you intended to cause as much pain as possible" She says as she looks at my back. "And the one on your side looks to be in the late healing stages, I'm guessing this isn't the first time they hurt you?"

"Yeah, it isn't" I sigh as I pull down my shirt, being careful not to irritate the bruises.

"You poor girl, I'll have to call your parents. I don't think you'll be able to function properly in your condition. I'll inform them of your situation so they can come and pick you up. I'll send an excuse note to the principle and he'll take it from here. Once you get home you'll need to put an ice pack on your bruises to alleviate the pain Nd make sure you take the over the counter pain killers to also help" She explains. I nod my head in reply and she gets up and walks to the door. Opening the door she begins to speak.

"You can come back in now" She announces.

"How is she?" He asks her as he steps in.

"Well she has bruising on her abdomen and back, they look serious. I'm heading to the principle office right now to inform him of her condition then we'll call her parents to come and take her home so she can properly recover" She informs.