Chapter. 68 Not Human

A/n: here's what I've been able to edit so far. First Winter and Kurama have known eachother for about two and a half months so far. It's currently July and yes I decided to let the saint beast arc take place during their vacation.

Also, I was able to come up with a reason why they are all still wearing uniforms and going to school on vacation. Yusuke and Kuwabara are both behind at school and have to go to summer school just to catch up. We all know just how bad their grades are. Winter is also in summer school for not doing so good in Algebra, math has never been her most strong subject. Kurama is an in school tutor for students who need extra help, hence why he's still in uniform. (I can actually see him being a tutor and a very good one at that due to his intelligence)

I also explain this in the beginning of chapter 52.
________

"No" He repeats while looking down at me and stops twirling my hair abruptly. Despite being in the middle of a dangerous situation, I can't help but chuckle at his expression and look up at him, mockingly.

"That's exactly my answer to your proposition, I would never betray my family and friends and I'll never serve you" I finalize, stubbornly. "Did you really think I would want to join you?. You're more of an idiot then I thought"

"Oh and also I've been meaning to give you this" I punch him straight in the face. His purple eyes widen in shock as his head turns the opposite way. The bird on his shoulder, Murugu gasps in surprise at this, a wing to her mouth as she looks at Suzaku in amusement.

"That's for setting out those infected people to my parents and friend, if I had enough spirit energy I would've taken you out myself right about now" I threaten.

He let's out a chuckle, soon follow by more laughter "my, aren't you just the brave one, I've never had anyone strike at me like this. My cheek feels numb but then again you're not all that human"

My eyes widen in shock "what do you mean by th-"

With just the swipe of his hand, he backhands me across the face. My body skids across the ground before finally coming to a stop, my head painfully hits the ground. Everything blurs in front of me, the world spinning.

'My body was already hurting like hell already, I don't know how much more of this I can take before either my body shuts down due to the pain and exhaustion or I die'

I inhale a sharp breath and struggle to get back up.

'No, I won't give up now, not with my team out there fighting right now. Get up!, get up!, Get up!'

"You still don't want to stay down, despite your injuries. I can feel your spirit energy is depleted." He walks over to me and steps roughly on my back, forcing me back down to the ground. With the flick of his wrist he wraps my body in yellow spirit energy, ensuring that I'm immobile. It shocks me suddenly.

"Aggghhhhh!" I scream in pain.

'It hurts!, it hurts!, it hurts!' I can only repeat this in my mind as tears flow, diamond dropping onto the ground.

I weakly look at him from the corners of my eyes. He looks down at me, purple eyes dancing in sadistic glee and curiosity "how interesting, you're able to cry tears of gem. You really aren't as human as you might think you are, so what are you really? Maybe an ice maiden?, no you can't be that, from what I seen you don't have any ice powers, so what could you be? My the possibilities are endless"

I glare at him as I grit my teeth, trying to prevent myself from screaming and giving him the satisfaction.

"What a shame that you wouldn't take my offer that I so graciously bestowed upon you. This rebellious attitude of yours is rather getting on my nerves, I however still don't want to kill you, that would be such a waste, not when theres so much mysterious surrounding you in particular so I've come up with a good idea. Since you won't be working for me willingly I suppose I can force yo-"