Chapter. 63 Lullaby For The Dead

"Why isn't she fighting back!??" Yusuke asks in fear for her life as he looks at her take a lot of the hits, only being able to block away some. Due to his long history of getting into fights and winning, he notice that there are times that she could have strike them, openings she could have taken advantage of but she didn't. From her steps she looks hesitant.

"I can't watch this man" Kuwabara says in concern "watching her get hurt like this isn't right"

Hiei remains silent as he observes the girl in question and Kurama silently ponders if she has a plan up her sleeve.

Or if she's simply going for it, similar to Yusuke.

She's as predictable as she is unpredictable, always leaving Kurama guessing. He knits his red brows together in worry, never taking his eyes off her, even though its hard for him to watch her get hurt. He only hopes that whatever it is she plans on doing or going with will actually work in her favor.

________

I gasp for air, only to cough up blood as I lay on the ground. The mud people have stop their attacks and stand a few meters away motionlessly, waiting for me to move. I'm cover in cuts and bruises and I can barley stand up.

"Do you concede yet?" Mizu asks as he stares down at me.

"Winter, if this is too much for you then let me take over!" Yusuke suggests. I roll over to my front and begin to get back up.

"Don't get involve" I demand as blood drips down my mouth and forehead where claw marks resides. It slid down my face and drips off my chin.

"Win-"

"This is my fight Yusuke" I remind him, cutting him off and give him a stern look from the corner of my eyes, able to get back in my two feet "so let me beat this bastard okay?"

"Winter" He only mutters in surprise. I look away from him and back at the beings before me. Whipping away the blood that drips from my mouth, I summon my sword and position it in front of me.

"You're like a pest, never knowing when to give up and except your inevitable end!" Mizu spats in irritation at my beaten and bruise form, hating my persistence.

I struggle to stand, my body shaking due to pain and exhaustion and Mizu sees this.

A dark smirk grows on his face from realization. "What does it matter, from the look of your current weaken state you'll be dead soon"

Rushing at me, the being groan and hiss as outstretch limbs reaches out with the intent to rip me apart. But the words that are playing in my head sings a different song. Begging me for their release. I could cry and I wanted to for them but crying won't help save them.As I stand there, wondering how I'm going to help something in me shifts suddenly. I can feel my spirit energy beginning to surround me in a glow of white light that swirls around me.

"Her spirit energy has increased" Mizu gasps in shock.

'What's happening?' I think to myself and suddenly my whole body is engulf with a flash of blinding light. I can hear the sound of soft humming, beautiful humming and it gets louder with each passing second.

Is it coming from me?. Yes it is, but I can't seem to control it. I also feel as light as a feather.

________

"What the hell is happening?" Yusuke bellows as he blocks his face with his arm from the bright white light that Winter is producing.

"I don't know man, I can't see anything!" Kuwabara shouts as he blocks his eyes "her energy is all over the place!"