Chapter. 52 The Five Saint Beasts

Two weeks has come and gone. It's summer vacation but it doesn't really feel like much of a vacation, not when you still have to go to school just because you so happen happen be not so great at math.

At least Kurama is thetr, seeing he's a student assistant tutor.

Thankfully, with his help in and out of school I should be almost finished with all of my school work, then I'll at least have two weeks of vacation left before our second semester starts.

I've also been training with Yusuke and Genkai every other afternoon, even on weekends. We haven't had time to visit the arcade since we met eachother at the cross road to head off to Genkai's to train It's much more interesting having Yusuke around now and seeing Genkai work him to the bone. This weekend Genkai is giving us a break since we've been working and training since day one.

Today we walk home together from training with Genkai, like we've been doing for the past few months. It became routine at this point.

"Yep, every other afternoon" I smile.

"That old wench is killing me" he huffs as he stuff his hand in his pocket.

"Yeah, I felt like that when she first started training me" I say as I look at the setting sun "but you'll get use to it after a while"

We stop at a cross road, this is where we've been going our sperate ways since the start of his training.

"Well see ya this Saturday?" I wave and walk away from him.

"Yeah, see ya then!" He shouts back."remember I have to beat you at Mortal Kombat!" I can feel his aura spike in excitement. I lazily wave back at him with a smile on my face.

"Yeah, yeah I'll remember it"
________

The next day Kurama clad in his magenta school uniform walks up towards a set of familiar double doors. He sees the familar form of a spikey haired fire demon dress in all black standing near the doors.

Hiei stands beside him but dosen't acknowledge him.

Neither of them speak for a moment and Hiei can feel the tension in the air. Kurama face remains passive as he looks ahead. Hiei knows that Kurama is still upset about what he did to the purple haired spirit detective. Hiei begin to telepathically speak to the fox spirit.

'Listen fox, if it makes you feel better, the situation regarding her with the Jagan eye wasn't suppose to happen, she wasn't suppose to feel anything at all'

Kurama sharply turns to look at Hiei in surprise. He can tell his friend is telling the truth and this causes more questions to accumulate in his mind.

'If what you're say is true, then why did she feel immense pain while she was transforming?'

'How am I suppose to know?, That's your mate so she's your problem, figure it out yourself'

Kurama choose to not correct Hiei on his assumption about the relationship status between himself and Winter, thinking he's just misinterpreting it and breaks the mental connection causing the fire demon to lightly scoff at his fox friend.

'Hn, he's not even denying it, this concern over a human girl, pathetic' Hiei thinks to himself as he glares at his red haired partner in crime.

'They truly have made you soft'

Hiei will never admit it out loud but it looks like the bond that Kurama has form with the humans in his life has made him stronger. He still dosen't fully comprehend why that is though and it repulses him to no end. He sees it as a weakness.