Chapter. 41 Let Destiny Decide Our Fates

"I beat you once again" I happily brag. It's been only a week since we've retrieved the artifacts of darkness. I still can't believe despite our one week deadline that Koenma gave us we was able to it only took us about five days in total.

We make a pretty great team.

And here we are up and running as if nothing ever happen, playing games at the arcade. I still feel sore but due to my healing abilities I've always been able to heal my own injuries, subconsciously anyway since I didn't know the reason back when I was growing up but know I know.

"That was just a lucky shot is all" Yusuke replies, eyes glaring at the screen as the defeated sign appears over his dead character. I feel a familar presence approaching us and smiled once I hear that familiar rough voice.

"Urameshi"

"Oh hey Kuwabara, here to get your ass kicked once again?" Yusuke casually asks as he darted his eyes to look up at Kuwabara.

"It's you that's going to get his ass kicked Urameshi!" He shouts in return as he grabs Yusuke by the front of his shirt.

"Kuwabara, long time no see" I wave with a smile. His blue eyes flickers to look at me, noticing my presence and his cheek flushes a light pink as he let go of Yusuke and grabbed my hands. Sparkles appear around him as a serene look instantly overcomes his visage, gaze half-lidded and full of adoration.

"Why hello there baby, it's been a while, I've never got your name"

"It's Winter" I reply with a sweatdroped and an awkward chuckle.

"As a man I would like to ask you if I can take you out sometime?" He boldly asks. Yusuke roll his eyes at the orange haired boy antics. Just then the door to the arcade opens and a familar aura hit me. I turn to see Keiko, Yusuke friend dressed in a short sleeve pink shirt and brown skirt. He told me he invited her here as well.

"Too bad, she's taken" Yusuke announces. Keiko being close enough to see and hear Yusuke make this claim brown eyes widen in shock.

"What!?" Both Kuwabara and I shout, gaining attention from the other inhabitants inside the arcade but we paid them no mind. Yusuke casually shrugs.

"By who!?" Kuwabara demands "you!?"

"N-" before Yusuke can answer Keiko speaks up as she walks over toward us.

"Yusuke...I didn't know you have a girlfriend" She says with a fake smile on her face. I can sense the sadness in her pink aura. No, she got it all wrong. I begin to mentally panic.

"Wait, what?" Yusuke says in confusion as Keiko turns to look at me, eyes wavering as she tries to hold back her tears.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you my name is Yukimura Keiko" She bows." I hope Yusuke is treating you well, he can be quite the troublemaker"

"Wait, Keiko you got it all wrong, Winter is not my girlfriend, she's my friend" He says, trying to clear up the misunderstanding.

"Oh really?" She asks as she looked to me for confirmation. I nod my head in agreement.

"Yes, he's right, we're just friends" I smile at her in reassurance and get up from my seat, bowing to her.

"Hi my name is Davis Winter, it's nice to meet you Yukimura-san, I heard so much about you from Yusuke" I beam with a smile which she returns.

"It's nice to meet you as well, you can call me Keiko, a friend of Yusuke is a friend of mine" She smiles. I beamed at her. She seems nice and her aura seems friendly too.

"You can call me Winter"

"So if she's not dating you, then what did you mean by she's taken?" Kuwabara asked Yusuke, who smirked at him in return, a mischievous glint is in his eyes and I knew instantly that he was up to no good.