Chapter. 38 Eating Me Alive

"Good bye Keiko and Winter monster" Yusuke says once he finish giving them the antidote from the hilt of the shadow sword. Winter finally held a peaceful look on her face, complete opposite from the look of pain she held just moments ago. He was able to defeat Hiei by using the Forlorn Hope. He decided to shoot at the mirror, causing his spirit gun to bounce off the reflection and hit Hiei in the back, ultimately subduing him into a state of unconsciousness on the ground just a few feet away.

"Kurama how do you feel?" Yusuke asks as he gazes at the fox demon who sit by Winter, holding his wounded abdomen. Kurama, who is too busy looking down at the purple haired girl, gently moves her soaked coils that stuck to her forehead away with the hand he isn't using in order to make sure the jagan eye has completely dissapeared. He holds a worried look in his emerald eyes and a gentleness in his touch that left Yusuke baffle. Botan witnessing this, now knew why Winter held Kurama in such high regards.

She'll also never forget the cold aura that radiated off of the red haired teen the minute Winter passed out. She couldn't see his face when he turned to stare at the fire demon but whatever expression he gave Hiei was enough to scare him. Botan could see it in his eyes and in the slight change of his posture. He tense up in apprehension as Kurama stared him down.

Whatever look Kurama gave him seem to temporarily paralyzed him on the spot and she considers herself lucky not to be on the receiving end of it.

"Good I guess" Kurama reassures him once the eye completely dissapeared from her forehead, leaving no indication of its placement ever being there. Looking up at Yusuke, he gives him a small smile while holding his wound. "I've avoided the organs at least"

"I still can't believe what you did Yusuke" Botan says, causing Yusuke to avert his attention to her.

"Why not?"

"Why didn't you tell me the spirit gun could bounce off a mirror, when did you learn that?" She curiosily asks, waiting for an answer.

"Mmmmm, about ten minutes ago" Yusuke simple reply causes Botan to shout in shock, head thrown back in disbelief.

"What!?"

"Hiei was way too fast , I knew he'd be able to dodged the spirit gun unless I could shoot him from behind. That's when I spotted the Forlorn Hope in the corner and I thought hey I'll give it a try" Yusuke explains with a wink.

"You weren't certain?" Kurama asks. Yusuke's flickers his eyes to look at him with a close eye smile.

"Well one time in science class they bounced light off a mirror and I thought it might be the same" Yusuke replies.

"Might!?, You risked out lives on a might!. What exactly would you have done if the spirit gun hadn't bounced off the mirror?" Botan asks with a furrowed of her brows as she glare at Yusuke.

"Get chopped into pieces I guess" Yusuke honest and nonchalant reply causes the grim reaper to grit her teeth, making a noise of unease at his answer. Kurama chuckles from his place.

"All the while we've been thinking you were a brilliant strategist, really you're just a lucky fool"

"Hey!, watch it fox boy, what's that word mean anyway!?" Yusuke demands.

"A strategist is someone who uses his brain"

"Hey!"

"Now, now boys" Botan lightly scolds with a smile. Yusuke laughs only to stop and blink as he watches Kurama pick up Winter's body bridal style. His thick brows furrowes in worry.

"Hey, are you able to carry her?" He asks. Kurama gives him a reassure nod.

"I can assure you, I am able to" Kurama replies as he make sure the melanate teen is situated properly in his arms and close to his chest.