Chapter. 2 A Mother And Her Son

A day has come and gone and I'm in my room currently unpacking. My bedroom set is in place thanks to the moving company bringing our stuff yesterday. I'm currently hanging up some of my clothes in the closet until I hear the doorbell ring.

'I wonder who could that be?' I ponder to myself as I hear Mom call my name from downstairs. I drop what I was doing and walk out of my room.

When I made it to the top of the steps I pause in my place. Standing in front of the front door is the familiar red head in a black button down shirt and white pants along with a woman who looks to be in her late 30s with long dark brown/blue hair in a low ponytail and kind brown eyes. She wears a simple blue long sleeved shirt with a black skirt that goes to her ankle and blue slides on her feet. In her hands she holding a plate of fresh baked cookies that looks delicious. I slowly walk down the stairs and stand by Mom, confuse. Dad is currently at work so he isn't home at the moment.

"Winter I've heard you and your father already met this young man yesterday" Mom exclaims with a smile. The other woman kind eyes sparkles in recognition as she gazes at me.

"So you're the girl my son mentioned to me about. Aren't you just pretty. It's very nice to meet you dear. I'm Shiori, Shuichi's mother" The woman kindly introduces herself, bowing. Her aura which is blue looks and feels so kind and nurturing. The complete opposite of her son's aura.

"I-it's nice to meet you too and thank you" I bow, surprise that he would even think about me at all and that anyone would compliment me. I'm not use to it.

"We would like to welcome you both to the neighborhood" She proclaim as she hands Mom the plate of cookies. I end up grabbing one and eating it once it's in my line of reach. Mom scolds me.

"What?...it's good" I shrug as I continue to eat the warm and delicious cookie. She sighs in exasperation.

"Proper etiquette Winter."

"...Proper etiquette?, who's she?, I don't know her" I lightly joke, trying to ease my own nerves.

Mom lets out another sigh but a smile made way onto her countenance while Shiori chuckles. I can't help but glance at Shuichi from the corner of my eyes. He stands there with a passive expression, nothing in his eyes conveys his true feelings. He's tense however, his red and silver aura decreasing and increasing. Unstable. He catches my eyes on him and I quickly look away, averting my attention to the two women in the room.

"These smell delightful. Why don't you both have a seat. I apologize for the boxes. We're still unpacking" Mom sheepishly apologizes.

"Oh no. I don't mind at all" Shiori replies with the wave of her hand. They take off their shoes and leave them by the door. They slip on the new pairs of blue slippers I place by the door yesterday afternoon and Mom leads them to the living room area and let them sit on the couch. I lean against the wall off to the side and away from him and continue to munch on the white chocolate chip cookie. Mom places the basket of cookies on the coffee table.

"Would you both like some lemonade?. I just made some this morning" She proceeds to ask them.

"That would be wonderful" Shiori replies with a kind smile on her face.

"Yes, that would be fine" Shuichi says with a smile of his own. With those answers Mom walks into the kitchen to fetch the glasses and pitcher, leaving me alone with the mother and son duo.

"So Winter, how are you liking Japan so far?" Shiori asks me as her attention turns toward me.

"O-oh it's nice. My Dad was able to take me to the nearest store yesterday and stock up on different candy's. Don't tell my Mom I told you that though, she doesn't like me having a lot of sweets" I sheepishly reveal with a laugh while rubbing the back of my head. Shiori smiles.