Chapter. 39 A Helping Hand

A few days has passed since the incident and I'm feeling much better, physically anyway, mentally however, my thoughts have grown dark. Hiei been defeated and captured and is now in the custody of spirit world. I'm finally out of the hospital and currently seated at the back patio drinking a cup of warm green tea. It's a weekend and the weather is nice and warm grown a bit cooler so I'm wearing a pink short sleeve shirt sweater and pastel blue skinny jeans.

I'm just glad to finally be out of the hospital, it just mean I can go back to training with Genkai and getting stronger. I don't want a repeat of what happened at the hospital. In that moment I was at my weakest and Hiei took advantage of that. If only I was stronger I could've done more.

Ever since then insecurities begin to eat away at me like a parasite attached to a host, slowly draining the life out of it until there is nothing left but a empty shell of it's former self. My mind is so occupied that I didn't notice Kurama walking out into his own garden or calling my name until he raised his voice.

"Winter!"

I blink and glanc up, seeing Kurama by the short white fence. I try to return him a smile that feels force and get up from my seat. Walking over to him I stand on the other side of the fence.

"Hey Shuichi" I wave, despite it being just the two of us outside you'll never know when someone is listening in. I avoid looking into his eyes so I didn't have to see how concern he is for me.

"How's your wound?" I proceed to ask as my eyes dart down to his abdomen.

"It's doing well. How have you been feeling as of late?, You seem to be occupied with your thoughts" He asks. I can hear the concern in his voice.

"Oh, it's nothing too serious" I wave him off with a fake laugh while looking off to the side and avoiding the question. I feel a warm hand being place softly against my cheek gently turning my head until I'm looking into a neverending sea of green that I can't help but get lost in. The fak laughter die down as I take in the situation. His hand, it feels warm and comforting like always.

"Winter, remember I told you before that if you ever need to talk to me about anything that I'll listen" He reminds. I sighed, it was no use in not telling him, he could read me like a open book.

"I just been thinking about what a certain green boy said to me back at the warehouse, it's been getting to me, funny huh" I laugh. He didn't laugh along with me and could see past it. Nothing ever gets past him.

"What is it that he said?" He asks me.

"I mean it's really funny, he said that I'm just a burden to you that that I'm pathetic because of my insecurities" I laugh just to keep from crying.

"Listen what Hiei told you, none of it is true. I do not see you as a burden, I see you as quite the opposite really and absolutely enjoy you and your company and also having insecurities does not make you weak, we all have our moments when we're unsure of ourselves, it's only natural"

"Yeah, I know" I say now looking away from him "but still, he isn't wrong about me lacking confidence"

"If that is what you believe then prove him wrong"

"What do you mean?" I asks, eyes averting to look at him, wanting him to explain further.

"The best way to prove those who think less of you is to become better than your former self" He explains. His aura flickers, the silver one did momentarily while the red remain passive. Is there a deeper meaning to his words then he's letting on?.

"Yes, you're right" I nod in agreement with a smile as my eyes lit up in determination.

"I'll show him that I'm more then what he thinks of me"