Chapter. 54 The Gate Of Betrayal

We come to a halt in our steps once we're in front of the entrance to the castle. It's in the shape of a skull head and the entrance is the mouth of it.

"Wow now this place is homey" Yusuke sarcastically remarks.

"So, I guess we're just gonna walk right in?" Kuwabara questions.

"Any prize that's worth having usually requires a risk" Kurama, who's standing behind him exclaims while looking at him.

"I say we make them come out here and fight us up front like we're not a bunch of sissys" Kuwabara suggests.

"You're sense of strategy is amazing" Hiei sarcastically comments. Kuwabara glares at him, his blue eyes expresses his irritation towards the much shorter darkly clad demon.

"Are you talking to me runt boy!" He shouts in defiance. I can see Yusuke aura flickering in aggitation.

"Lets go" Yusuke grit his teeth and walks forward into the darkness of the entrance.

"Stupid drawf" Kuwabara mutters in anger as we walk further inside until our body are swallow by the darkness of the mouth of the entrance.

Walking down the long hallway, the sounds of our footsteps are the only thing I can hear as I look around. This seems too easy. I flicker my gaze near the end of the hall and see a flying eye. We all stop in our tracts and continue to look at the eye with bat wings flying over us.

"Welcome to maze castle" It introduces.

"Whoa, it talked" Kuwabara mutters in shock disbelief.

"That is one freaky looking eye" I mumble, earning a snicker from Yusuke.

"You telling me" He responds.

"Those who enter maze castle must be tried by the gates of Betrayal" The eye bat announces.

"What do you mean tried?" Asks Yusuke as his brows furrow even further as he glares at the being before us. With the flaps of its purple bat like wings the eye flies away from us and to the end of the hallway. I know that it's up to something not good. A brick in the wall behind it shifts down and exposes a level. Wrapping a purple tentacle on the brown level, the being brings it down. I can hear the shifting of gears as everything around is being s to shake as if we're experiencing some kind of earthquake.

"Urameshi" Kuwabara nervously cries out in concern. "Why did you have to ask?"

Upon a shock gasp Kurama makes I glance at him from the corner of my eyes, noticing him looking up. His emerald green eyes widen in full alertness.

"The ceiling!"

Glancing up, my dark brown eyes widen in shock from seeing the ceiling falling on us. Outstretching our arms above our heads, we are able to keep it from falling on us. We struggle to keep the heavy weight of the ceiling from crushing us but for how long?.

"Heavy isn't it?, senses in the corridor are most intelligent, and a complex assembly of years adapt the ceilings weight precisely to the strengths of the victims. Of course there is a catch, just enough lead way remains for one person to escape, leaving their friends to be crushed by the weight" It explains.

I grit my teeth in pain and frustration as I use all my strength to keep the ceiling from falling any further. So this is what it meant by the gates of betrayal. Who knows how many lives have been lost here due to this trial.

The eye bat lowers itself to our level "The decision must be made quickly, not even the five of you combined can hold the ceiling for long, insist on teamwork and all of you will be crushed, only by turning against your friends will one of you be able to escape, only the traitor among you deserves to enter maze castle, that's why it's call the gate of betrayal you see" It laughs as it flys away.