Chapter. 27 A Shocking Surprise

"We lost him" I exclaim while looking around with furrow brows.

"We'll find him, in the meantime you did nice back there, those bastards didn't know what to expect. I didn't think you could fight like that" He compliments. I smile.

"I told you before I only fight when it's necessary and also I've been getting trained recently by a very strict and awesome teacher"

"That kick to that guy's face you did was real nice, I was almost worried you're skirt might've flied up" Yusuke suddenly comments. I glare at him.

"Fortunately I wear shorts under my skirt so those bastards wouldn't have gotten a peek even if they wanted too...Why do I feel like you're the one who wanted a peek"

"...No reason"

I roll my eyes at him and he awkwardly laughs.

"Can't blame a guy can ya. You got a nice pair of legs and a nice as-"

"Yusuke, shut up"

We ran until we reach the outskirts of the rundown buildings and stood in front of a forest. I can feel tremendous energy emitting from it. So this is where he went. We walk inside the forest. We stop once I feel droplets of rain and soon it begins to rain harder and I let out a groan. My afro is getting wet and I'll have to go home, detangle and moisturize it.

"Great this stupid rain is going to wash away all his tracks" Yusuke proclaims. I look up and notice a beam of green light coming from one area of the forest.

"Well if that's the case we can always follow that" I say as I point to the beam of light hitting the sky. He looks at it in shock. There is also no rain falling in that area. We walk toward the direction of the beam and the closer we get the louder the voices we hear also seem to get. Yusuke, for some reason has a piece of a bushy branch and I sweatdrop. Is that suppose to stop the bad guys?, I choose not to question it. The rain has stop falling and we see three guys. One of them being the one we followed prior.

A familiar looking demon with spikey back hair and menacing red eyes full of sadistic glee...Wait isn't that the guy that was in Shuichi's room last night?. The one with the scary aura. This can't be. The last guy is hidden amongst the shadow so I can't see him. The demon in all black swing his sword around, he moves so quick that not even my own eyes can catch up to him. He swings the sword against a tree, demolishing it and creating a demon from a bark of the tree. He lands on the ground and we stay hidden while they talk.

"If the sword can make demons from trees just think what It'll make from humans. I say we go to the next big city and carve out a thousand of them. Imagine raising an entire demon army" The spiky haired demon speaks with a sadistic smile.

"I like the way you think Hiei. If we teach them how to eat souls I even know how to feed them all. The orb of bas" The tall demon says as he takes out the orb from his pocket.

"And once the moon becomes full we can use Kurama weapon and supposily get complete control isn't that right?" Hiei exclaims as he looks over to the direction of the hidden figure. The figure walks forward.

That familiar aura hits me. No it can't be. He steps into the light

My eyes widen in shock seeing that familiar red hair.

Is that.

"S-Shuichi?" I mumble to myself in shock. Yusuke looks at me with a raise brow but I pay him no mind. It can't be but...why?. I didn't want to believe it but there's no denying it, that it's my friend. But why did Hiei call him Kurama?.

"Sorry, I just withdraw from this alliance" Shuichi, no Kurama states.

"What?" The two demons exclaims in shock.