Chapter. 60 Room Of Hell

Walking down the corridor we're led to the door which opens and we are met with a cave and at the end of the tunnel yellow and red lights can be seen. It also feels hot in here as waves of heat hits us.

"Oh that's great, now we're walking into a pre heated oven" Yusuke says sarcastically.

"Who cares, as long as it leads to Byakko" Kuwabara exclaims.

Yusuke shifts his eyes to look at him "okay, you go first" he offers.

"Come on" Kurama says to them impatiently. We proceed to walk through the cave. The closer we get the hotter it feels. I wipe away sweat from my forehead. This heat is killing me. Upon making it to the end of the tunnel I gasp in surprise from seeing the lava and giant pieces of stone platforms scatter around that's above the lava. The shape of the platforms pretty much remind me of mushrooms, where the long stem is imbedded in the ground and holding up the large top of the mushroom, well only in this case the stone stems are embedded in the lava and holding up their own pretty good size piece of the floor.

"Give me a break, heh I guess room of hell wasn't just a clever name" Yusuke exclaims from seeing the lava.

"I feel like I'm about to be baked alive due to this heat" I fan myself for emphasis and look down at the lava and I can only just imagine how much pain I'll be in if I was to fall into it. Despite it being extremely hot I shiver at the thought of it.

"That's" Yusuke starts in shock

"Lava" Kuwabara finishes, just as bewilder.

"And alot of it too" I mumble in disbelief. Kuwabara tears off the sleeve of his uniform and tosses the small article into the lava. I watch the blue fabric burn to cinders just by lightly touching the dangerous hot volcanic substance that known to destroy many things in it's path.

"Wow" Yusuke can only mumble.

"We better not fall into that guys" Kuwabara nervously warns us.

"A fine view isn't it?" Byakko voice rings from within the hot room. Looking up and ahead in front of us and standing on one of the small square platform is Byakko. He looks as healthy as ever, and dosen't look like he just got defeated in a battle with Kuwabara at all.

Byakko continues "This is my private chamber, I come here to play" With his arm cross over his chest Byakko laughs.

"No way, he's back to normal" Kuwabara yells in disbelief.

"Monster you piss me off" Yusuke exclaims in aggitation.

"As you all have discovered this room is filled with lava that will melt anything it touches, so does anyone have the courage to come and challenge me?" Byakko challenges.

Yusuke is the first to shout in anger as he glares at the giant feline "you bet I do circus freak!, you think you've got so much power!"

Kuwabara places a hand on his shoulder, gaining his attention and calmly says "hey, leave him to me Urameshi"

"Kuwabara" Is all Yusuke can mumble. Byakko chuckles as his smile widen, exposing his rows of sharp teeth.

"Let the sword man come, he and I have a very pressing score to settle" He encourages.

"You got that one right Byakko and this time I'm beating you up in ways that even the vet can't fix!" Kuwabara shouts.

"There's no need to push yourself" Hiei speaks up. Kuwabara turns around and looks at him in mild confusion.

Hiei looks up at him "You have fought well enough now let Yusuke take over the battle so you can heal and the small chance we need you later"

"I'm sorry Hiei but I just don't think I can do that, see I got this thing call a code that says no matter how ugly a fight gets I always finish, even if it means risking my life" Kuwabara says with pride. I'll give it to him, it's pretty admirable that he has an honor code and goes by it.