Chapter. 66 Song Of Suffering

"He's gonna turn the whole room into a hockey rink" Yusuke exclaims.

"Not just the room. Man, I wish I had my jacket back" Kuwabara shivers in place. I shiver violently as well, the cold getting to me and chilling me to the bone. I can potentially give into frostbite due to the fact that I'm still wet. I look at my hands, seeing ice begining to form at my fingertips and slowly spreading. I've used up most of my spirit energy and won't be able to fight it off. It hurts.

"D-damnit" I curse, gaining the others attention.

"Your fingers" Yusuke eyes widen in shock at watching the ice slowly spread. Kurama gasps in shock and acts quickly. He immediately takes my hands into his own, easily ingulguuufing my small hands with his large and delicate ones and use that as a heat incubator.

"I should've notice it sooner" He mutters, green eyes worried as his aura spikes in guilt "I can only imagine how much this must be hurting you, adding on to your other injuries"

"Hiei!" He urgently calls in warning. Shivering in place, I glance up and see Hiei land on the ground, his left leg is cover in ice.

"Hey, he's okay" Yusuke assures.

"Yeah, don't scare us like that" Kuwabara mutters.

"No, his leg, he won't be able to run away anymore " Kurama informs them.

"Hm, you see no one ever escapes, only beg for mercy" Seiryu monotonously says, with his hands behind his back "with your leg frozen you can't possibly move. I suggest you start groveling"

Getting into his familar stance, Seriyu powers up to release another ice dragon attack.

"What can he do?" Asks Yusuke desperately.

"Ice dragon!" He aims his ice attack at the red eyed fire demon. Hiei places this sword sharp tip first on the ground and use that to fling his body toward the dragon beast.

"Now you end" Seriyu screams as Hiei gets closer towards him, sword pull back and ready to slice him.

We all gasp in shock as we witness Hiei's right arm turn to ice and his other leg. He dissapears in the blink of an eye. I notice a few slashes here and there. I can only count ten.

He reappears again behind the beast.

"Hiei!" Yusuke shouts in worry.

"Ha, you have escaped but you are wounded" Seiryu triumphantly says. Hiei sudden laugh catches the dragon beast off guard.

"Why are you laughing?" He demands, wanting Hiei to answer him. Hiei turns around to face him.

"So what if your ice trick can kill your wounded friend, it won't kill me" To demonstrate while sharing this information Hiei raises his icy arm and melts the ice following along with the ice coating his legs.

Seriyu face contorts in anger at the revelation "That's impossible!, I shall give one final blow!"

From under his blue hat, blood seeps down his face. A shock expression overcomes his usually blank canvas.

"I don't think so" Hiei says.

Seriyu takes a few steps back, yelling in shock. Glowing white line appears on various parts of his body. his body. Like glass, he looks about ready to break. Screaming in pain, his spirit energy wraps around his body like a tornado and once it disperses he's gone. Defeated. The ice on my fingers melts away and I sigh in relief. Kurama removes his hands from my own and anaylize them.

His aura calms down and his face softens "Good, the ice has melted away the moment Hiei defeated Seriyu"

"When did he attacked?" Kuwabara questions, dumbfounded. Yusuke laughs happily as he runs to Hiei.