Chapter. 77 Hiei's Plight

"Kinda stupid to have a mountain trail that ends halfway up the mountain huh?" Yusuke remarks as we stand at the end of the trail "I guess they don't encourage much camping around here"

"They want their whole messed up operation to remain hidden from plain sight, I get the feeling that some of the few humans who probably have came here in order to camp have been quickly delt with under not so great circumstances" I explain as the birds chirping around us, my eyes remain on the otherworldly string however, glowing brighter than our surroundings. I guess I'm the only one who can see it since neither Yusuke, Kuwabara or Botan made a comment about it.

"So pretty much like some mobster movie?" Yusuke concludes.

I nod "precisely"

"The strong hold is very well hidden, but we should be able to find it eventually by following Yukina's energy" Botan assures is as she looks at her compass watch on her wrist.

"Why are you still using that compass, just follow my way. The red pinky string" Kuwabara moves his pinky finger around.

"The what?" Botan questions. Confusion clear on bother her and Yusuke's face.

"The moment I saw her my love stretched out and tied us together. You see" He raises up his pinky and I can see a faint red string appear. Why is it appearing now all of a sudden?, maybe because Kuwabara wants us to see it?

"Oh I can see it!" I exclaim in wonder and look at the glowing string in front of me "that's interesting, I'm able to see a bright blue light and I guess that's leading me to her" I touch the cold string lightly.

Kuwabara turns and grins at me "then she's calling out to us both!, let's follow the red and string of destiny, tied to my love and the blue string of fate, tied to your will of rescuing her!"

He runs ahead of us and I shake my head, averting my eyes to look at my other two companions.

"Are you both able to see it?" I question, motioning to the glowing string. They look to each other then back at me before shaking their heads.

"Nope" Botan says.

"I don't see anything really" Yusuke scratches his head. I look away from them and follow Kuwabara, confused.

'I can understand Kuwabara's red string since he likes her so much but why am I'm able to see this blue string? I mean it isn't attached to any of my body parts me, it just seems to float in front of me, leading me to her. I can tell it's her, the feeling is very cold but warm all at the same time'

I glance at the string in thought.
.
.
.
.

"I wouldn't go this way" I stop abruptly. My spiritual awareness is going haywire.

"Yukina!" Kuwabara shouts while looking off in a different direction. I'm guessing he has the same feeling too.

"And why is that, I sure would like to know?" Yusuke questions from beside me as Botan shouts at Kuwabara.

"Just a really bad feeling is all" I reply and I follow the string, leading off course.

"Wait you guys!" Botan shouts at me and Kuwabara. We stop and I look at her and scoff at her stuborness.

"I said we shouldn't go that way" I repeat myself sternly "you're going to regret it if you do"

"Yeah, what she said" Kuwabara agrees with me. Botan dosen't listen anyway and walks away from us, in the path I get the bad vibes from.

"My compass says follow the path, we don't have time for detours"

"Nobody's detouring at all anyway" I mutter in aggitation due to her not listening to us. She trips, only to be brought up in the air by a thin web. Yusuke tries to grab her but she's up too high in the air. Her bag lays on the ground beneath her.