Chapter. 65 The Blue Dragon

Kurama silently carries me as we continue onward. We remain in the back of the group as Yusuke takes the lead. I look at him, noticing he's looking me and seems to be deep in thought. His aura flickers about, erratically in concern and worry.

"Sorry for being so weak" I mutter out in apologetic sadness, lowering my gaze "now you have to carry me when you're injured"

"Restore your energy, you did well" He mummers. I gaze up at him.

"Really?"

"Yes, you've fought and proven yourself, even though I already knew you had the spirit in you" He responds. I don't reply, feeling his aura and how tense he is, there's something else bothering him.

I speak with a knowing tone to my voice "Kurama?"

He's silent for a moment, knowing what I want to ask him. Knowing that I'm worried about him.

"I was worried about you" He mutters, voice trailing off distantly;haunted "when you didn't resurface...I assumed the worst"

He tighten his grip on me, his aura spiking up in fear, fear that I have only felt from him when his mother got sick and was on the verge of death, afraid that if he let go I will dissapear forever. My eyes soften and I rest my cheek on his shoulder, taking in his rosy scent.

"I'm here now, and I don't plan on leaving you or anyone else anytime soon" I lightly squeeze him for reassurance, feeling some of the tension in his shoulders falter.

"You can't be sure of that, any outcome can come out of this line of work" He says. Logical as ever, always thinking ahead. I wouldn't want him any other way.

"You're right, but I'll try to stay alive for everyone, I don't want to make anyone sad, not again" I say, muttering that last part. I'm sure he caught on to it.

"You also need to stay alive for yourself as well"

My eyes soften as I nod my head "Yes, you're right about that, I need to start caring more about my life as well"

I'm glad to have people in my life who cares about me and my wellbeing. It feels nice to know that there are people who care.

________

"Are you certain?" Kurama asks me after I ask him if he can let me walk on my own.

"Yeah, we don't want you falling or anything" Yusuke joins in as his brows knit together in worry.

"Yeah" I nod in certainty and he stops, along with everyone else. "I'm pretty sure my legs should be fine now"

They watch as he places me on the ground. The moment my feet touches the ground I stumble in place, Kurama arms close enough to me in order to catch me just in case I fall. I'm able to steady myself and move my legs around. I feel like a toddler just learning their first steps.

"See I'm able to walk" I show them by walking around. My legs dosen't feel dead anymore so that's a good sign. Water drops from my soaking wet clothes but overall I'm fine. "and don't worry I won't hold us back, if that's what you're thinking"

"That's not it at all" Yusuke shakes his head and walks over to me and places an arm around my shoulder with a grin on his face "we're just worried about you is all, can't have you falling on us now, it wouldn't make us look good and we gotta show the bad guys that we're not to be mess with" He jokes and winks at me with a thumb up.

I chuckle and flex my developing muscles that I've gain due to Genkai's rough training "Yeah, you're right about that, now they know not to mess with us"

Yusuke laughs along with me and ruffles my hair and gloats "exactly, they should be pissing their pants when they see us"

We continue to walk until we came upon a set of stairs. Running up the stairs we see a circular room with many doors.