Chapter. 32 His Story

While the mother and son argue and Botan try to diffuse the altercation I pick up a familiar aura. I look out the window and up at the top of a tall building that the big bright full moon hung over, seeing a flash of red locks.

"Shuichi" I mumble, thoughtfully. Was that really him standing right there or was it just a figment of my imagination?. After having dinner I make a call to my Mom using Atsuko phone and she came by and picked me up, questioning how the studying went and such. She never mention why I didn't go to school today and I wonder if this was Koenma supernatural doing. She questions the bandages on my face, like any concer mother would and I tell her that I accidently tripped and fell over a huge rock.

"You're always so accident prone" She shakes her head with a playful smile.

"Yep, defiantly accident prone" I nervously laugh, glad that she believes my lie.

When we get home I walk upstairs and change into a set of pajamas and wrap my hair. I turn off my lamp and lay down in bed.

'So Shuichi is a demon huh, that would explain some things and his real name is Kurama'

I don't why I'm pretty okay with this fact. The ideal of him being a demon doesn't bother me at all and usually I'm afraid of demons but when it came to Kurama, it felt different. Sleep invades my mind rather easily the moment I close my eyes.

____

Once Winter left Yusuke rests his hand inside his pants pocket. His eyes widen in recognition from feeling the cool gem's in his pocket.

"Oh man, I forgot to give these back" He exclaimes as he pulls out the small shiny gems. He's surprise he didn't accidently drop them with all the fighting and running they had to do these last few days.

"What are they?" Botan questiones in interest as she gaze upon the beautiful diamond shaped jewels in Yusuke hand. She never seen gems like these before.

"These are Winter, she literally cried them out her eyes a few days ago, I have to admit it kinda weirded me out" He answers. Botan pink eyes widen in shock and disbelief.

"That's strange, a human isn't capable of crying tears of gems" She mumbles. "Unless...."

"Unless, what?" Yusuke probes in curiousity. The look in her eyes catches him off guard.

"Hand me those, I'll send them to Koenma right away" She hurriedly says and Yusuke can hear the sternness in her voice.

"Hey, what's going on?, do you know anything about this" He persists with an arched brow raised in question at her unusual behavior. He wanted answers.

"I'm not so sure, but I do know that Koenma may know, just hand them to me" She says, tone stern as she gaze at him. He hands her the gems after a moment of hesitation. He still needs to give those back to Winter but knows he probably won't be able to anyway.

"I'll have to go now" She states and fly through the window on her oar, leaving Yusuke confuse and wondering what the hell was going on with her.

_______

Three days have passed and I haven't seen Kurama at all. Yusuke told me yesterday that Kurama wanted us to meet him at the hospital. Recently I haven't been feeling well and under the weather, possibly due to stress and fight Goki in the rain. I can see both Yusuke and Kurama standing in front of the entrance to the hospital.

"S-sorry I'm late" I stammer as I scurry up to the two, coughing into my face mask as a result and inhaling a sharp breath. My sickness hasn't gotten better at all, I feel worst then I did yesterday.

"You look terrible" Yusuke comments, taking in my sick form. I shoot him a heated glare, causing him to nervously raise his hand up.

"He he, sorry" He nervously chuckles.