Chapter. 57 Kuwabara Vs Byakko

I take in his monstrous appearance. A giant tiger with very light blue fur, long sea green hair lays on top of his head and flows down his broad back, two sharp and long canines on his bottom teeth stick out his mouth. Dark blue claw like marks are scatter across his body. He wears a simple one shoulder brown toga with reddish brown patches scatter on it and matching color leg warmers, the pattern is similar to that of the fur of a leopard. A long pale blue tail swishes behind him. Yellow eyes with red pupils glare us down as he snarl at us.

"Intruders will pay for coming this far into my territory" He roars in anger again.

"It's huge!" Kuwabara proclaims in shock.

"It's a pity they don't have him in a zoo" Sarcastically jokes Yusuke.

Hiei smirks, his red aura flickering about in dark excitement "Hm, I'll go"

"Back off!, didn't I say I'll take the next one!" Kuwabara reminds him and walks up to the beast only to stop in his tracts from Byakko letting out another roar.

"Don't think you're dominate because you tore apart Genbu, he was weak!, He could talk to the demons in the city by prowling through the castle walls" He clenches his fist and glares down at us with unfathomable malice and bloodlust "that is why we didn't kill him ourselves, but I am a real beast, I have been caged in this place for too long without prey, without bones, without blood!"

His eyes widen in unhinged hunger, showcasing his long years of going without eating flesh "Until now, humans! I will eat you myself !" He proclaims.

"Gee how nice" Yusuke sarcastically remarks with a glare on his face.

"Hiei, Kurama, I'll feed your body to the Fugaki!" He lets out a loud roar that crumbles everything around him. The floor breaks around us and falls to the ground below.

"Apparently this guy like breaking things with the sound of his own voice" Yusuke remarks as more of the flooring breaks apart and fall.

I step away from the edge only to gasp in shock from a piece of the floor falling underneath my right foot. I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist before I can fall and plummet to my death and I'm pull close to a broad chest. The familar scent of roses clouds my senses, calming me down a little.

"I got you" Kurama gentle voice says as he makes sure I'm on solid ground. I look up at him and into his eyes as I try to catch my breath.

"T-thanks" I shakily breathe out, trying to calm my racing heart due to the near death experience. He dosen't let go and I don't pull away. Just like before, being wrap in his arms brings me comfort and security, as if everything will be okay. We separate from eachother at the sound of Byakko voice

"It's a long trip to the ground, I'll set you all there with my roar unless you come and fight me" The tiger beast challenges us "of course your weak bodies will be broken either way"

"Monster, he thinks he's so tough" Kuwabara spats and attempts to take a step toward Byakko in blind anger. However, Yusuke places a hand on his shoulder, holding him back from taking it.

"Kuwabara" Yusuke calls out, trying to gain his attention.

"Step off!" Kuwabara pushes him out of the way and I watch with wide eyes as Kurama gently helps balance him and gives Kuwabara a disapproving look with a red brow raise, seeing that one wrong move can lead us to falling to our deaths.

"Damnit" Yusuke mutters.

"You really think you can beat him?" Hiei questions the orange haired teen.

Kuwabara turns his head to glare at the shorter demon "well of course, half pint, in fact I'm not scared at all"

I look and notice his legs are shaking as his orange aura wavers in fear. His upper body is as stiff as a board.