Chapter. 42 Genkai's Tournament

"For today training I want to see if you are able to manipulate your spirit energy into weapons, other then just a bow and arrow"

"You think I can do that?" I ask as we stop fighting. We are currently fighting on top of a rocky mountain, surrounded by even more mountains. The wind blows around us as I gaze at her in surprise, she told me that today we'll be more focuse on hand to hand combat so this new information is surprising.

"Yes, it would be useful to have access to more then one weapon for different ranges of attacks, I noticed early on that your spirit energy is quite unique, in a sense that it's versatile and I want to test that versatility, now summon your bow and arrow"

"Gotcha" I nod and begin to summon my spirit energy into my hand which begin to glow white. The bright glow of my bow and arrow materialize into my hands at will.

"Good, it seems you are able to summon it on your own" She nods in approval.

"Now I want you to change the shape ito another weapon, a sword for example"

I nod my head and begin to concentrate on my energy, imagining the shape of a sword in my head as it begins to change shape. Sweat collects on my face as I struggle to change the shape of my spirit energy. It's much harder then it looks.

I remember when it was a week before the mission I went on with Yusuke to retrieve back the Artifacts of Darkness. Genkai wanted me to be able to summon weapons using my spirit energy after showing me her own energy.

'She makes summoning her energy look easy but it's a lot harder then that'

I think to myself as sweat drips off my face. The only thing I was capable of doing so far is making my hand glow white. Now here I am upside down and balancing with my fingers and spirit energy on a lone spike in order to strengthen my energy.

"Man this is alot harder then it looks" I struggle to say as I concentrate my energy on the spike and remain focuse. If I even for a second break concentration then I'll be met face first with a sharp spike.

"Yes it takes time and patience, I never said this would be easy, you will train hard, much harder then you've ever trained in your life, you understand?"

"I heard ya loud and clear" I smirk and focuse on concentrating.

A bright solidified sword lays in my hand. I gaze at it in surprise and wonder before a big grin breaks out on my face.

"Look master Genkai, I did it" I happily announce as I run over to her and show her the sword up close. She touches the sword and smiles in approval.

"Good, now change it into a dagger"

________

Before I knew a few days has pass and I'm currently at school and on the roof eating lunch with Shuichi. Summer vacation is coming up and and me and Kurama was talking about what we plan on doing for month long vacation, I'm shock to figure out the we still have to do assignments on vacation. I also talk to him about my training progress with Genkai, which he finds impressive. I pause from feeling a familar aura behind me.

"Winter?" A familiar voice say. I shot my eyes next to me and see Ayame on her oar.

"Oh hey Ayame" I wave with a beaming smile "Long time no see, I knew you'll be here, Koenma informed me earlier via my communication device that you would be coming by to pick me and and take me to Genkai tournament"

"I apologise for that, I've been very busy as of late, and yes I'm here to take you there right now" She replies and looks at Kurama.

"Koenma also wanted me to relay you the message about your and Hiei's case, Koenma is almost close to finalizing his decision"