Chapter. 64 From Within The Depths

"I won't let you die" A delicate feminine voice says inside my head. It sounds rich with wisdom; ancient but it holds a sharp coldness that sends shivers down my spine. Who is this woman?. Why does she sound so familiar to me?.

'Who are you?'

"You'll learn in due time but for now let me take over from here"

'W-what?'

I feel a searing pain overtake my body. I can't help but open my mouth, in a way that would indicate that I'm screaming as the water enters my lung. My mind grows hazy as it feels like someone else is taking control of my body. My body feels hot, like it's warming up;igniting into furious flames. As I recede to the back of my mind I can hear the soft frigid voice of the woman tell me.

'I saved you once from drowning yourself alone in the darkness of the waters, I'll save you again'

________

"Is she..." Kuwabara mutters in disbelief. Winter hasn't come up from the water yet, the bubbles stop just a few minutes ago

But those minutes felt like hours to them.

"No, it can't be" Yusuke voice trails off in disbelief and it gets loud as he hollers "Winter!"

He falls on his hands and knees as tears begin to collect in his eyes "no you can't be..."

Hiei looks at Kurama from the corner of his eyes, ruby red eyes taking in his expression.

The face hes witnessing now is one he never thought he would see the fox spirit possess.

Horror. Pure, everlasting, grave and haunted.

His green eyes are wide in shock, face carrying a haunted expression as he keeps his eyes on the pond, never did they leave it as he stands there stun and motionless. He opens his mouth but no words leave pass his delicate lips. He's stun into shock silence.

Mizu emerges fully above water, a glowing blue hand place on the hole in his stomach and they watch as it quickly heals it. His red eyes takes in their expressions of horror, taking satisfaction in their reactions as he cruely laughs at the display before him "Hahaha, you can scream all you want but she's dead now. Such a pity, she did put up a good fight. Now who is next to challenge me?"

Yusuke, who eyes are watering glares up at the beast with grit teeth as he balls his fist in rage, he can feel his spirit energy growing "I'll take you on bastard!"

Mizu smirks in amusement, seeing how their spirit energy are increasing "Well isn't this interesting, your energy seem to have increase the moment you came to the realization that I killed that pathetic wench"

Kurama sharply cuts his piercing green eyes to look up at Mizu The beast can't help but feel shivers run down his spine as he gazes upon the face of the red haired teenager.

His eyes glow a faint red.

His energy feels strange too. Not quite human.

His expressionless face darkens as piercing green/golden eyes glares up at the beast with not a hint of remorse or mercy.

Something dark stirs in him, Mizu can see that behind those eyes lies a ancient monster waiting to come out.

The red haired teen walks forward, taking calm and quiet steps, like that of a silent storm ready to rage, and Yusuke looks at his back in concern.

"Kurama"

"Leave him to me" Coldly replies the fox spirit. His voice taking on a deeper tone. A hidden dark rage lurks within him, ready to be unleash.