Chapter. 73 A Soothing Cup of Tea

August is here and as predicted, my cycle started three days after the rescue mission.

Kurama, in a bright yellow shirt and blue jean slacks and white tennis shoes rings the door bell. In his left hand is a bag of ice-cream he retrieve from within his fridge and not even a second later Winter's father opens the door and Kurama can't help but blink in surprise because on his head is a American football helmet with the number 14 on it. In one hand is a pair of car keys and in the other is a pillow he's holding up like a shield of sorts. The expression on his face is full of fear.

"Shuichi, you made it just in time" He speaks in a hush quiet voice "She's in the living room. I'm going to tell you this now, but she's usually the scariest during that time of the month, usually her mother deals with this type of thing but she's currently at the grocery store and left me here alone with the snack monster"

Kurama blinks at him in surprise "....snack monster?"

"You'll see what I mean when you come inside, but once you enter you're on your own" He pat his shoulder "good luck solider, I have to get to work now"

With that he runs to his car, tripping along the way and Kurama blinks owishly from his place at the door as the man drives off.

What just happened?.

He steps inside and shuts the door behind him. He takes off his shoes and place them on the creme color genkan and slips on a pair of slippers and walk into the livingroom. He raises a red brow in amusement at the sight before him. Winter is laying on the couch, wrap up in a pastel blue blanket like a burrito, only her face is visible as she watches the television, her brows are furrow together as she glares at the screen. Around her are various snacks and she groans here and there in pain.

Kurama smiles in amusement. Now he sees what her father means when he calls her the snack 'monster'.

"Stupid cramps, stupid life, everything is just stupid" She grumbles, not taking immediate notice of Kurama who's standing by the doorway as he looks at her in amusement. He places a hand over his mouth trying to stifles his incoming giggles, but it dosen't work as she can hear them. She turns to look at him, her rich brown eyes widen in surprise and embarrassment as she snuggles her face more into the pink blanket.

Kurama can't help but find it adorable and chuckles.
.
.
.
.

"Hey, how long have you been standing there?" I ask in embarressment, voice muffle by the blanket.

"Long enough to hear you refer to everything as stupid"

"...pretend you didn't hear that"

"I'll play along, but it dosen't take away from the fact that what you just said would categorize me as stupid, I'm hurt" He teases lightly, eyes open as he hold his hand over his chest, clenching his dark grey shirt.

"No I didn't mean it, you're not stupid okay" I pout.

"That's reassuring" He walks over to me and I move to sit up but he stops me with a gesture of his hand.

"You shouldn't be sitting up too much, not during this delicate time" He says gently. My mind processes what he just said and they widen in shock.

"Oh my gosh!, who told you!? Was it my dad, I bet you it was, or maybe it was my Mom!?" I bury my face even more into my blanket and groan "this is so embarrassing!"

"There is nothing to be embarrassed about, it's completely natural" Kurama says and I peek my head through to look at him. His brows knit together as he notice me visibly wince in pain.

"Have you taken any medication to alleviate the cramps?"

"No, that's why my Mom went to the store once she realizes I'm out of ibuprofen. I'm suffering" I says, dramatically putting emphasis on suffering.