Chapter. 36 The Fight Between Yusuke and Hiei

'Yusuke?'

I think to myself as I hear his voice shouting. I look over to see Keiko passed out beside me. How long have I've been passed out?. My memories start to recollect in my mind as I remember what happened last night. I gritted my teeth in anger, angry at Hiei for involving innocent lives into this.

'Damnit, he got her involved in this mess as well'

I hear running footsteps approaching us. I look over and see Yusuke and Botan running over to us. Relief washed over my body, happy to see some familiar faces in an unfamiliar place.

"Glad to see you guys here" I weakly smile once they crouched down beside us. Being unable to sit up on my own Botan helped me sit up and I give her a appreciative look in return while Yusuke helped Keiko, who is still unconscious.

"Are you alright Winter? Botan worridly asks. I shake my head.

"I'm alright for now" I reply "just can't move for some reason"

I start listening in to what Hiei is saying as he looks at the items in his hand. He got those too, so he gave Yusuke a bargain. Our life for the artifacts. That tricky gremlin.

"I mainly have had a few set back" Hiei chuckles "but the end result are the same, all three weapons of darkness are in my control and those fools in charge will soon be bowing at my feet"

"You should stop bragging" Yusuke comments, causing Hiei to look at him in question.

"It'll just make it more embarressing for you, now that I've got Keiko and Winter, I'm gonna rip out your teeth" Yusuke threatened.

"Hn, try I'll give you a head start" Hiei taunts. Yusuke gently places Keiko down onto the ground and glared at the fire demon.

"You and that cocky laugh is really starting to piss me off!" He shouted near the end as he raised up and charged at Hiei, who stood there waiting. Yusuke swing but Hiei quickly doged it in time. I could barely make out his movement, he's pretty fast. Yusuke gasp in surprise.

"Huh, he vanish" He mumbles to himself.

"Yusuke behind you" I warn just as Hiei appeared behind him. Botan look down at me in concern, sweat begin to accumulate on my forehead. Something's happening to me but I don't know what. I have this sinking feeling in my gut that something bad is going to happen.

"I'm still here" Hiei announces with a evil smirk as Yusuke turns around to look at him. "I only step gently to the side, was that a real hit?"

Hiei dissapears soon after and reappears on a tall box of crates. Once again I could barely keep up with him. He was like a shadow, there one minute then quickly gone the next the moment you look at it. I winced in pain, feeling something surge through my body. It felt like heat, only growing more intense with each passing second. It scared me.

"I was under the impression that it was a joke, oh but wait you're not amused"

My brown eyes flicker to Yusuke and I can see him visibly shaking, his face remain in a glare but his aura told me all that I needed to know. He was scared.

"And as for Keiko and Winter" Hiei started. My eyes darted to him as I glared at him, wondering what plan he has up his sleeve.

"What!?" Yusuke shouted in disbelief. I screamed in pain as the feeling grew hotter and hotter, it was like my whole body is on fire.

"Winter!" Both Botan and Yusuke shout at the same time as I withered in pain.

"I-it hurts" I whimper as I feel something forming on my forhead but I don't know what it is. Hiei laughed, directing Yusuke attention back on him as Botan desperatly tries to figure out what's wrong.