Chapter. 15 The Delinquent of Sarayashiki Jr. High

The next day is a rather normal and mundane one. Yuki and her friends haven't tried anything at all during gym class which came as a surprise to me. Maybe they might leave me be.

After Shuichi walks me home I walk inside and take off my shoes. I look around the silent home and realize I made it home before Mom did and remember that she has a meeting going on right now. I head upstairs to work on homework soon after and when I finish I walk back downstairs and into the kitchen and make myself a bowl of popcorn. I walk into the living room with the bowl and sit on the couch. Grabbing the remote I turn on the television since I want to watch a little bit of tv before I head back upstairs to study. An hour later I can hear the sound of the front door opening and look over to see Mom come in, a irritate look is on her face as she grumbles angrily to herself.

"Mom are you okay?" I ask in worry as she takes off her shoes and places her brief case on the small coffee table. She sighs in frustration.

"Today was frustrating to say the least. The meeting today was about this student by the name of Urameshi Yusuke, who showed up to my class for the first time today. I was told that sometimes he might show up and sometimes he won't but anyway he was also at the meeting and it seems like most of the teachers don't like him because of his reputation, especially Mr. Akashi and Mr. Iwamoto. It frustrates me that they speak about him as if he's not even human, as if he just trash that they want to get rid of. It took everything in me not to pop off" Mom huffs. I rais a knowing eyebrow at her. She stubbornly scoffs at the look I'm giving her.

"Okay so maybe I might have went off a tiny bit on them but they deserved it, speaking about a child like that. I'm not going to have them talking about a child like that, not in my presence" She grumbles. Mom is very passionate about her profession and believes that all students equally deserves a chance at succeeding in life no matter their background. I greatly admire and look up to her for that.

"He is a promising student. A bit rough around the edges but I've delt with my fair share of rough students before. He looked surprised at the meeting that I even defended him, even thanked me for it afterwards, like he's not use to it" Mom explains.

"I might not know who he is but I'm sure he's a good person on the inside. Who knows what his home life is like" I reason.

"Yeah, well I told him that in order to make it up to me he got to at least show up in my class tomorrow but I'm not sure if he's going to take me up on that"

"Who knows you might have left a mark on him so he just might show up" I reply and left her alone to her thoughts and walk upstairs to study in my room.

Later that night I slowly walk down the stairs and into the kitchen to make a glass of water. My parents in pajamas, are sitting at the island table and having a deep conversation about something. They get quiet immediately once they see me walk in. Mom looks excited while Dad looks serious. I gaze at them suspiciously.

"Hello" I slowly say as I grab a glass from the cabinet and turn on the faucet. They are still silent and I'm about to ask them what's wrong until I'm interrupted.

"So when are you two getting together?" Mom suddenly asks. I sweat drop. At least she's is in a much better spirit now. She probably vented her frustrations to Dad as well in order to get things off her chest no doubt.

"Mom we're just friends and besides I don't think a guy like that would be interested anyway" I nonchalantly shrug.

"You never know. You need to have more confidence in yourself sweetheart" She firmly believes.

"I'll try" I reply and take a couple sips of my water.

"Good because I want some grandbabies in the future" She proclaims and I can't help but chock on my water suddenly. Bringing the glass away from my plump lips, I cough. Dad looks at Mom with a horrific expression.